New DHT Line Stage

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: New DHT Line Stage
« Reply #240 on: 31 Jul 2016, 12:35 am »
I second the recommendation for the Blue Jean 6A cable. I use them throughout my whole music and video server system.
I use the Cat 6 as recommended by BJC instead of the 6a.

Theobetley

« Reply #241 on: 31 Jul 2016, 02:20 pm »
Remind me what differentiates model 6 from model 6a. It was my believe that6a has an ungrounded shield on both ends . I thought model 6 was tied to ground on at least one end.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #242 on: 31 Jul 2016, 02:53 pm »
Remind me what differentiates model 6 from model 6a. It was my believe that6a has an ungrounded shield on both ends . I thought model 6 was tied to ground on at least one end.

See here.

EDIT:  I should also mention that they can be purchased on Amazon here.

Theobetley

« Reply #243 on: 31 Jul 2016, 03:32 pm »
I remember reading that now. Thanks. But do you know if the shield is grounded or not on the BJ 6? Based on my experience with both the 6a cables I have and Swenson's recommendation I think this is key to a minimum level of performance. But hey for $20 I might not resist the trial.

Theobetley

« Reply #244 on: 1 Aug 2016, 08:40 pm »
Had an issue with my DHT(no problem with it I just did something dumb). So I contacted Vinnie on a Sunday night and he spent some time walking me through fixing it via email. I cannot express how much value this is to me. He is a the right combination of inventor, entrepreneur and all around good guy.

More on my DHT performance with 2 Blue Jeans 6a Ethernet cables. When I visited the Krell room during Axpona and heard a demo off the Sturm Tank ac conditioner my reaction was Holy Shit is this how off the grid sounds. Then I heard Vinnie's demo and declared another Holy Shit. Since I have had my 2 BJ cables (last Saturday) I am getting another Holy Shit almost all the time ...in my system. Where to start: timbre is perfect, air air air everywhere. Soundstage is crazy good with picture placement of instruments. But for me the real killer is low level detail usually hidden underneath, between bigger sound on the soundstage. Another killer is the sound of violins, woodwinds and tympani (you can hear the membrane pulsing back and forth a delight usually enjoyed only in a live perfmance). I have played a lot of my old standbys and they are beautiful with a new life to them but some of my least played stuff is now finding a way onto my Hqplayer playlist. The soundstage has a trapezoidal feel: very wide up front, oodles of depth but a bit of shrinking in width ever so slightly at the very back. I'll take it. The dynamics are very very wide. I find myself gain riding the remote to not upset my amp.

Well done Vinnie man you did good on this one.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #245 on: 2 Aug 2016, 12:32 am »
I cannot express how much value this is to me. He is a the right combination of inventor, entrepreneur and all around good guy.
Yes, he's the real deal!  I've heard it before by others but until you experience it yourself one can't imagine.   :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #246 on: 2 Aug 2016, 01:50 pm »
I got news that my DHT LIO should be shipping tomorrow.   :banana piano:

Theobetley

« Reply #247 on: 2 Aug 2016, 02:06 pm »
One more analogy on the DHT with uRendu power port. When I listen to music its as if the top 2 or 3 octaves have been lit up by a wonderful soft spotlight not to become hard or pushy but to become very clear and open.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #248 on: 5 Aug 2016, 10:58 pm »
My custom DHT LIO arrived today.

yardbird4

« Reply #249 on: 5 Aug 2016, 11:02 pm »
Received and installed my LIO DHT on 8/3/16.  I let it burn in overnight and listened the next evening after work.  I had to restrain myself from rushing to the forum to give my initial impressions. Two days is enough!  Let me first say that I confirm and agree with all of the touchstones that Vinnie discusses on the website under the heading "I put a spell on you..."  I also agree with all of the comments made b Zybar under the thread "DHT upgrade is complete." So right now I am going to just give a short four word review and a shorter 1 word review.

4 word review: I could sell tickets.

1 word review: Delicious

After more extensive listening I will give more details and expound especially on the term "delicious."  I know, I know ... other DHT recipients have said the same thing and you never hear from them again.  Well its hard to tear yourself away.  But I will ... "believe me."

yardbird4

« Reply #250 on: 5 Aug 2016, 11:09 pm »
My custom DHT LIO arrived today.

Great.  It looks like you dispensed with the stock tubes and went directly to emission labs?  Which  tube versionl?  Once you settle in with the DHT let me know how they compare to the stock tube.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #251 on: 5 Aug 2016, 11:29 pm »
Great.  It looks like you dispensed with the stock tubes and went directly to emission labs?  Which  tube versionl?  Once you settle in with the DHT let me know how they compare to the stock tube.
Picture was taken with the Mesh but I have the stock VR tubes in now and will likely stick with them. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #252 on: 6 Aug 2016, 12:54 am »
The Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT.  Tubes that don't sound like tubes. 

I have no idea how he pulls this off but it's mind boggling. 

First reaction: HOLY SHIT! 

This album is killin' it right now!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #253 on: 6 Aug 2016, 01:00 am »
The Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT.  Tubes that don't sound like tubes. 

I have no idea how he pulls this off but it's mind boggling. 

First reaction: HOLY SHIT! 

This album is killin' it right now!

Yep, Vinnie and I have listened to this a lot at my house.

I use "Drum Trip" and "Laugh As The Sun" as test tracks.   :thumb: :thumb:

When I turn it up loud, I feel like it is 1994 and I am standing 5' away from the band in a small bar in Rochester, NY.

George
« Last Edit: 8 Aug 2016, 12:24 am by zybar »

SteveKi

« Reply #254 on: 6 Aug 2016, 11:21 am »
Picture was taken with the Mesh but I have the stock VR tubes in now and will likely stick with them.

???  Is that because in your initial listening session you liked the stock tubes better.
Steve

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #255 on: 8 Aug 2016, 12:01 am »
A slightly better picture. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #256 on: 8 Aug 2016, 12:55 am »
I use the Cat 6 as recommended by BJC instead of the 6a.

I finally installed mine from the wall jack to the microRendu this weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised by the improvement.

Noise floor dropped, which produced more details and a bigger sound.

Damn good return on a $15 investment.

Gotta love Blue Jeans Cables.   :thumb:

George

LARRY KYOTO

« Reply #257 on: 9 Aug 2016, 12:26 pm »
A slightly better picture. 

I would say a "perfect" picture!  :thumb:

sfox7076

« Reply #258 on: 10 Aug 2016, 02:09 pm »
Have any of your tried the new mesh plate 101D that Full Music has put out?  I would love a few impressions.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #259 on: 10 Aug 2016, 02:58 pm »
Have any of your tried the new mesh plate 101D that Full Music has put out?  I would love a few impressions.

Nope.

I am sticking with the EML 2A3 mesh plate.

George