New DHT Line Stage

Vinnie R.

Re: New DHT Line Stage
« Reply #40 on: 9 May 2016, 02:51 pm »
Vinnie,
Will the tube covers be light tight? There are times that I listen in total darkness.
Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes - and they can be installed / removed at any time (for those who want or don't want them in place).

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #41 on: 16 May 2016, 07:03 pm »
All,

LIO DHT PRE's are well into production!   :singing:

I am still aiming to start shipping from the order queue early June. 

This will be another game-changer for sure!

Vinnie

jriggy

« Reply #42 on: 16 May 2016, 07:55 pm »
Great to hear Vinnie! I'm pretty excited.
I may have a schedule issue in June for accepting delivery... If so, I will definitely contact you asap to arange timing.

Jason

Vinnie R.

« Reply #43 on: 16 May 2016, 09:51 pm »
Great to hear Vinnie! I'm pretty excited.
I may have a schedule issue in June for accepting delivery... If so, I will definitely contact you asap to arange timing.

Jason

Hi Jason,

No problem at all - just let me know when the time gets closer.

Best regards,

Vinnie

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #44 on: 24 May 2016, 02:52 am »
Tonight I was able to spend some time with the DHT thanks to Vinnie coming over for a few hours of listening and fun.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Want to add weight, texture, depth, layering, and more without sacrificing speed, slam, and clarity?

Get a LIO DHT!!

All kidding aside, the DHT takes what the AVC/Tubestage offers and makes it better.

Don't think traditional SET sound...that isn't what the DHT offers.  It is not overly sweet or liquid sounding and is definitely not a traditional tubey sound that is rolled off at the extremes.

We tried two different tubes:

The stock 2A3's that ship with the LIO DHT and a pair of SV811's that Vinnie used at Axpona.

While the 2A3 tubes were excellent and bested the Siemens CCa Grey Plates that I use in the AVC/tubestage LIO, the SV 811's could really rock and added some additional body and texture that fleshed things out.

Highly recommended!!

Here is a quick picture taken from my phone:

George

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #45 on: 24 May 2016, 03:20 am »
 :o :duh: :nono: :oops: :tempted: :duel:

My struggles within. 

schw06

« Reply #46 on: 24 May 2016, 10:54 am »
Tonight I was able to spend some time with the DHT thanks to Vinnie coming over for a few hours of listening and fun.

Here are my initial thoughts:

Want to add weight, texture, depth, layering, and more without sacrificing speed, slam, and clarity?

Get a LIO DHT!!

All kidding aside, the DHT takes what the AVC/Tubestage offers and makes it better.

Don't think traditional SET sound...that isn't what the DHT offers.  It is not overly sweet or liquid sounding and is definitely not a traditional tubey sound that is rolled off at the extremes.

We tried two different tubes:

The stock 2A3's that ship with the LIO DHT and a pair of SV811's that Vinnie used at Axpona.

While the 2A3 tubes were excellent and bested the Siemens CCa Grey Plates that I use in the AVC/tubestage LIO, the SV 811's could really rock and added some additional body and texture that fleshed things out.

Highly recommended!!

George
I've got to quit reading this forum. I was 100% thrilled with the AVC/tubestage...

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 24 May 2016, 11:02 am »
I've got to quit reading this forum. I was 100% thrilled with the AVC/tubestage...

Me too!

The AVC/Tubestage is still outstanding and I love listening to it.

If money wasn't a factor, I don't think too many people would choose the AVC/Tubestage over the DHT.

But since Vinnie isn't giving away the DHT, I fully appreciate that there is an impactful price difference and this could be a tough decision.

George

jriggy

« Reply #48 on: 24 May 2016, 12:47 pm »
 :D  :thumb:  :bounce:  :weights: :banana piano:

My excitement grows.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: 24 May 2016, 12:51 pm »
DHT ordered!   :hyper:

jriggy

« Reply #50 on: 24 May 2016, 02:43 pm »
It was my mock post that did it, wasn't it?  j/k  8)

schw06

« Reply #51 on: 24 May 2016, 04:38 pm »
I think the LIO has been by far the single best purchase in audio I have made (in a vast sea of bad decisions)...How could I say no to the DHT? I'm in.
David

SteveKi

« Reply #52 on: 24 May 2016, 05:01 pm »

Ditto.
Steve

Kishore

« Reply #53 on: 24 May 2016, 05:13 pm »

Highly recommended!!
George

F^&*.... I just got with AVC and now I need to get this DHT  :duh:  :lol: :green:

Thank you George for the feedback- appreciate the time you spent on this.

Vinnie- possible to bring a bunch of these modules to Newport ? :P

regards,
Kishore

Vinnie R.

« Reply #54 on: 24 May 2016, 05:24 pm »
F^&*.... I just got with AVC and now I need to get this DHT  :duh:  :lol: :green:

Thank you George for the feedback- appreciate the time you spent on this.

Vinnie- possible to bring a bunch of these modules to Newport ? :P

regards,
Kishore

Hi Kishore,

I wish I will have them ready by then, but they won't start shipping until after the show.  Still waiting on the new top panels and tube covers, and I was updated that I should see them first week of June.  So we're not too far off.

I definitely lost a few days of work in the last two weeks while I've been sick with sinus infection / bronchitis, but I'm getting stronger and will be working late hours between now and even after the show to get the DHT PRE pre-orders ready to ship throughout June.

Thanks again for all your interest, support and patience while we build away. 

I hope many of you get to come to the Newport Beach show to hear a fully loaded LIO with DHT PRE drive the excellent Volti Vittoras and Triode Wire Labs cabling.  We had a fine sounding room last Fall at the New York Audio Show, and with DHT PRE now in the mix, I think we'll do even better next week at Newport!  8)

(PS: A LIO-powered microRendu for digital and an Acoustic Signature "Triple X" turntable will be the sources, so please bring your music: Vinyl, CD, USB stick...)

Back to work for me! :whip:

Vinnie

TomS

« Reply #55 on: 24 May 2016, 05:59 pm »
And another one is in, just choosing colors while I wait :green:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: 24 May 2016, 06:31 pm »
And another one is in, just choosing colors while I wait :green:
Colors for what?

TomS

« Reply #57 on: 24 May 2016, 06:48 pm »
Colors for what?
I already have 2 top panels, a solid black and clear acrylic. I think I'll go silver top this time, to match the silver knobs  :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: 24 May 2016, 06:51 pm »
I already have 2 top panels, a solid black and clear acrylic. I think I'll go silver top this time, to match the silver knobs  :thumb:
Ah, yes, big decisions.   :lol:   8)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: 24 May 2016, 06:53 pm »

The silver top is sharp and a nice contrast -  that's what Vinnie had with him yesterday. 

Unfortunately, the top was off when I took a few pics.  :-(

That said, I will miss having the clear acrylic top.

George