Any HT-2/3 or V-3 owners in FL Panhandle or Lower AL?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
Looking for someone with Salks to audition near Destin FL??

Thanks
Mark

Woolz

Re: Any HT-2/3 or V-3 owners in FL Panhandle or Lower AL?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2008, 01:24 pm »
If you are willing to travel to Birmingham, Al., I have a pair of HT-2s you are welcome to listen to.  They are driven by a CJ Premier 140 amp.

golfugh

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2008, 02:07 pm »
Woolz

I may be able to do that.  I work in Memphis and could drive down from there.  Let's say sometime during the first 2 weeks in July?

Mark

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2008, 03:41 pm »
If you are willing to travel to Birmingham, Al., I have a pair of HT-2s you are welcome to listen to.  They are driven by a CJ Premier 140 amp.

How is that amp BTW?

funkmonkey

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2008, 07:19 pm »
Hey Mark-
Good to see you over here, too.  And even better to see you seeking a Salk audition!!!!
Cheers bud
-Funk

Woolz

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2008, 07:59 pm »
Mark,
I plan to be in town those weeks.  Let me know when you can come. No problem.

Big Red Machine,
The Premier 140 is to my taste on the HT-2s.  Play Allison Krauss' "Ghost in This House" from "Forget About It" and it is hard to imagine anything better.  It leaves me breathless, the layering, beautiful tonality and micro-detail are stunning.  On power music like big band jazz when you get the levels to the point where you begin to feel you are in the club with Basie's band you sense maybe that the HT-2s might go further and maybe be more convincing with a big Pass or Bryston 14Bsst.  However, I don't know if I would want to sacrifice the superb tonality of the 140.  I love a good sax soli through this amp.  But perhaps I can have both.  I am seriously considering Jim's new speaker with the lovely 93db sensitivity.  The reason I bought the HT-2 over the HT-3 was because I thought it would be a better match with my tubes.  Had this new speaker been available a year ago, I would have bought it instead.  However, I have been thrilled with the HT-2s.  Also I must mention that I have a large ( 900 sq ft.) really good sounding room. It is a great combo.  Also I have a Dehavillland Ultra Verve 2 preamp, which is probably the weak link, although it plays saxes with bewitching tonality. Ah, the choices for an audiophile!

Steve

golfugh

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2008, 09:31 pm »
I'm going to try and get to Birmingham for an HT-2 audition in early July.

I'm still looking for an HT-3 or V-3 In the above locations; FL panhandle or lower AL.

Thanks
Mark

golfugh

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2008, 07:14 pm »
bump

golfugh

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jul 2008, 12:42 am »
one last bump, then I'll head to Detroit