DIY Ultrasonic album cleaner

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: DIY Ultrasonic album cleaner
« Reply #220 on: 12 Oct 2018, 09:23 pm »
Not relative to DIY.....but since I started this thread I figure I can abuse it.... :icon_twisted:

https://www.kirmussaudio.com/?fbclid=IwAR07jwLTAepL8U776KGDatUTGo0CqSKgtLHtWOOG82WQsWvqskGoYYISNCU

Look back a half dozen post and you'll see this being talked about.  But it give me a chance to pitch our member Rollo (Charles) who sells these and will give a small discount to members here.   :thumb:

JDUBS

« Reply #221 on: 22 Jan 2019, 12:15 am »
What are folks using for drying?  Vacuum or fan?

I bought a 3M 963E air ionizer a while back that I'm thinking about using for drying purposes.

-Jim

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #222 on: 22 Jan 2019, 01:23 am »
I like vacuum.  That way particulates in the solution are removed.  If you dry, they are deposited in the groove.  I use a basic Nitty Gritty that I already had. 

andyr

« Reply #223 on: 16 Mar 2019, 06:50 am »
I like vacuum.  That way particulates in the solution are removed.  If you dry, they are deposited in the groove.  I use a basic Nitty Gritty that I already had.

Yes, removing the liquid+particulates in solution with a vacuum RCM is absolutely necessary ... unless you have added a pump & 1 micron filter setup to your US tank!   :)  The filter removes the crap in solution - so it no longer is deposited in the grooves.  Which means you have to only get them dry, somehow.

Some people air-dry them in a dishwashing rack; I think this allows dust to settle on them - so I use the Dryer Cube from ultrasonicrecords.com for this (with a filter on the fan's air input hole).

Andy