Tortuga Audio is Moving to Bend, Oregon

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Tortuga Audio is Moving to Bend, Oregon
« Reply #20 on: 6 Nov 2023, 05:10 am »
On the road starting tomorrow. 3100 miles. Arriving in Bend, Oregon by next weekend. Goodbye Florida!

uncola

« Reply #21 on: 6 Nov 2023, 06:43 am »
Good luck on the Oregon trail :)  just don't go through Donner Pass ;)

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #22 on: 12 Nov 2023, 06:41 pm »
Arrived safe and sound in Bend, Oregon on Nov 11th after a week on the road. Back online. Now the unpacking and setup begins.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #23 on: 12 Nov 2023, 08:36 pm »
Very Cool. I was thinking it was about now when you would be showing up. Hopeing the weather will hold wile you get un packed and set up.

Good Luck in Central Oregon,

wayne

stvnharr

« Reply #24 on: 13 Nov 2023, 09:36 pm »
Arrived safe and sound in Bend, Oregon on Nov 11th after a week on the road. Back online. Now the unpacking and setup begins.

Good to read that you made it all that long way.
Now you can just let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #25 on: 14 Nov 2023, 12:13 am »
Good to hear you've landed safely. Hope the unpacking goes well, and the settling in is smooth. So started replacing all those shorts & sandals yet ?  :wink:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #26 on: 14 Nov 2023, 04:14 pm »
So started replacing all those shorts & sandals yet ?  ;)

Long pants...yes.
Still holding out with the flip flops.
#floridacoldtoes

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #27 on: 14 Nov 2023, 07:33 pm »
On the road starting tomorrow. 3100 miles. Arriving in Bend, Oregon by next weekend. Goodbye Florida!

Why ? Florida has so much to offer. Hope you like snow
charles

stvnharr

« Reply #28 on: 15 Nov 2023, 01:11 am »
Long pants...yes.
Still holding out with the flip flops.
#floridacoldtoes

Can't wear socks with flip flops, but you can with sandals.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #29 on: 15 Nov 2023, 01:47 am »
  Why ? Florida has so much to offer. Hope you like snow
charles

I spent 15+ years in Florida and did the whole beach and boating thing for much of that time. It was all great fun. Now i get to join and spend quality time with my family on the west coast. An opportunity for which I'm very grateful. Well worth a little snow. And having lived in both Norway and Chicago for many years, winters in Bend, Oregon are pleasant by comparison.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #30 on: 15 Nov 2023, 05:24 pm »
  Best of luck in your new Home.

charles

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #31 on: 6 Dec 2023, 05:03 pm »
Hi All,

Just a quick update on the status of Tortuga Audio here in Bend, Oregon. Work on the Tortuga Audio office is almost done and should be ready for move-in and setup in another week or so. Once I have the office/studio set up, I can resume work in earnest on the V4. I have a set of prototype boards in hand ready for parts and testing and am anxious to get on with that. Otherwise, life in Bend is great albeit a bit colder than south Florida. We did get our first snow last week but that's what pine trees are for.

(view of the back yard)

Charles Xavier

« Reply #32 on: 6 Dec 2023, 05:11 pm »
Awesome picture

uncola

« Reply #33 on: 6 Dec 2023, 11:19 pm »
Good weather for class A amps :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #34 on: 7 Dec 2023, 07:22 am »
I'd been wondering if you've had much snow there this week. The Willamette Valley has been getting a lot of rain. I imagine the Cascades are getting a thick pre-Christmas layer of powder.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #35 on: 7 Dec 2023, 04:36 pm »
I'd been wondering if you've had much snow there this week. The Willamette Valley has been getting a lot of rain. I imagine the Cascades are getting a thick pre-Christmas layer of powder.

We had some snow (2 inches) a week ago where we are at 4000 feet while the higher elevation Cascades were getting dumped on but temps went back up into the high 40's and low 50's so it was mostly rain and what snow we had was gone quickly. Been mostly on the rainy side. As a veteran of Chicago winters, I'll take Bend winter weather any day.

xieqiao

« Reply #36 on: 18 Dec 2023, 10:55 am »
Hi All,

Just a quick update on the status of Tortuga Audio here in Bend, Oregon. Work on the Tortuga Audio office is almost done and should be ready for move-in and setup in another week or so. Once I have the office/studio set up, I can resume work in earnest on the V4. I have a set of prototype boards in hand ready for parts and testing and am anxious to get on with that. Otherwise, life in Bend is great albeit a bit colder than south Florida. We did get our first snow last week but that's what pine trees are for.

(view of the back yard)

Congrats! Good job done.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #37 on: 5 Jan 2024, 05:37 pm »
Happy New Year to all!

Best laid plans...  As it turned out, the holidays, family reunions, the flu, and even a Covid booster dip, all conspired to delay progress on getting Tortuga Audio back up and running here in Oregon. All of that is now finally behind me so my focus the next 2 weeks will be unpacking and resuming work on Tortuga Audio matters. More on that and next steps later this month.

Cheers,
Morten

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #38 on: 29 Jan 2024, 04:59 pm »
While the transition to Oregon is still a work in progress, I can now report that Tortuga Audio is back up and operational here in Bend, Oregon and that some or all of each day is now dedicated to the actual work of moving the new V4 Max stepped attenuator & preamp controller towards fruition. I'm still unpacking and organizing as we go but the office/lab is operational and my butt is back in "the chair" on a daily basis.

I will be sending out a newsletter soon with more details and will post a link here to that newsletter when its available.

It's been a crazy year long effort that began a year ago with dialing back the workload, then shutting down altogether by July, and then several months of sorting, culling and packing up 15 years of personal and business belongings, and finally making the 3100 mile journey by road from south Florida to central Oregon.

A whole year has gone by since I started on this transition in earnest and I'm very grateful to my family and friends for all their support during this transition. But there's much work ahead including the design and construction of a new shop/studio here on our property in Bend, Oregon.

Cheers,
Morten