BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY

rmurray

Re: BRYSTON CD PLAYER SURVEY
« Reply #320 on: 20 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm »
  James ' any hope of this happening  ? :(

1ZIP

« Reply #321 on: 21 Nov 2014, 07:31 pm »
I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect a BCD-X is a dead issue.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #322 on: 21 Nov 2014, 09:15 pm »
  James ' any hope of this happening  ? :(

i have not given up.

james

Chicago

« Reply #323 on: 21 Nov 2014, 10:47 pm »
i have not given up.

james

Good to hear.

Mike

spinner

« Reply #324 on: 22 Nov 2014, 04:30 am »
 :thumb:  Thanks  James.... there's always the hope. 8)

robb

« Reply #325 on: 3 Dec 2014, 04:57 am »
I would love to see a Bryston cd transport (to replace my old Wadia) to go with my Jeff Rowland Aeris dac.

Jozsef

« Reply #326 on: 7 Dec 2014, 01:23 am »
We of a certain age can experience some time compression yet it seems like a lifetime ago that I learned about the then upcoming BDP-1. I did like to own physical media and have a CD booklet but the promise of improved performance always wins out over nostalgia for me. I think the best tradition to honor is the quest for more ealism and celebrating true innovation. Having more time for music by dispensing with handling (or locating) CDs together with astonishing sound quality seems like a win all around. While a case can be made for owning a CD player, my very nice one failed from prolonged storage, as I discovered upon trying to sell it, so that I suppose is where I stand.

The BCD-1 is a beautiful object that I would be pleased to own, as I would be any successor to it, but it would not be a priority purchase for me. You of course know that you can survey your dealers around the world to gauge the demand for a BCD-2. I would not venture an opinion based on personal intuition about the global market considering the expense of developing a new product in the meticulous way you guys do it.  :)

1ZIP

« Reply #327 on: 29 Dec 2014, 09:31 pm »
The New Year is upon us,  will Bryston deliver a BCD-X this year?  What say you James?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #328 on: 29 Dec 2014, 10:16 pm »
The New Year is upon us,  will Bryston deliver a BCD-X this year?  What say you James?

Hi

Sorry - Nothing on the drawing board at this point - up to our ears in other products.

james

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
« Reply #329 on: 30 Dec 2014, 03:54 am »
Hi

Sorry - Nothing on the drawing board at this point - up to our ears in other products.

james

Hi James,

I'm fairly new to this forum and I don't know if it's considered rude or inapropriate to ask such questions...

But can you shed some light on what "other products" may be ?

What does 2015 has in store (literally...) for us coming from Bryston ?

In my case, I'm looking into a pre-amp.  Are there any plans to update/upgrade the BP-6 / BP-26 in the upcoming year ?

AJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #330 on: 30 Dec 2014, 04:10 am »
Hi AJ

No plans on a new preamp.  We are working on the BDA3 DAC as well as the BOT transport and new power supply to go with the BOT. Looking at a lower cost Phono Stage as well.

Also just finished some new speaker models in the A Series.

Also looking at an electronic crossover for the Model T speakers.

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #331 on: 30 Dec 2014, 08:33 pm »
So no hope for the CD player?   awwwww :(

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #332 on: 31 Dec 2014, 06:42 pm »
...to offer a lower cost phonostage is a good idea :thumb:. i bought my BP 1.5 around 6 years ago and since then the price went up almost 1000€...

however, for those who want a great phono stage made by Bryston it's certainly good news.

happy new year! happy new listening!!

al.

spinner

« Reply #333 on: 1 Jan 2015, 07:50 am »
  Yeh but what about the CD player? :scratch:

1ZIP

« Reply #334 on: 2 Jan 2015, 10:01 pm »
Dead...apparently.  Sounds like support for vinyl and computer but none for CD format.

R. Daneel

« Reply #335 on: 3 Jan 2015, 02:00 pm »
I hope it is not dead! That would be the most exciting product for me.

But James, can you tell us about the phono stage? Is it MC-cartridge capable? Discrete circuitry and linear power supply? I'd be interested, that's a certainty.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #336 on: 3 Jan 2015, 02:59 pm »
But James, can you tell us about the phono stage? Is it MC-cartridge capable? Discrete circuitry and linear power supply? I'd be interested, that's a certainty.
[/quote]

The best way to step-up a Moving Coil to higher voltages is with quality transformers like we use in the BP-1.5 Phono stage but they are extremely costly.

But there are some new OP amps becoming available which have allow for high gain and reasonably low noise Moving Coil capability and are a lot less expensive to implement. So I am thinking that a lower cost Phono section based on these new OP amps would provide a lower cost alternative to the gaining popularity of LP's. Yes it would have discrete circuitry where applicable and linear power supplies.  It would be similar to the BP1.5 except in the MC application.

james

R. Daneel

« Reply #337 on: 3 Jan 2015, 04:24 pm »

The best way to step-up a Moving Coil to higher voltages is with quality transformers like we use in the BP-1.5 Phono stage but they are extremely costly.

But there are some new OP amps becoming available which have allow for high gain and reasonably low noise Moving Coil capability and are a lot less expensive to implement. So I am thinking that a lower cost Phono section based on these new OP amps would provide a lower cost alternative to the gaining popularity of LP's. Yes it would have discrete circuitry where applicable and linear power supplies.  It would be similar to the BP1.5 except in the MC application.

james

Thank you very much James!

Would this phone stage be a full-size component or one of your new mini 1/3rd-sized component?

Cheers!
Antun

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #338 on: 3 Jan 2015, 05:01 pm »
 I think this warrants it's own thread. After all it was to be about the possible Cdplayer :roll:

spinner

« Reply #339 on: 3 Jan 2015, 05:06 pm »
Dead...apparently.  Sounds like support for vinyl and computer but none for CD format.
   Yes sounds a bit off topic here. James if it's about lps and such let'shave a new thread please. This is just a disappointment to we that are hoping for cd news. Thanks