Spatial Audio M4 Turbo S

bdalessio

Spatial Audio M4 Turbo S
« on: 8 May 2024, 06:03 pm »
I've never heard or owned open baffle speakers before, and it seems like I can't find a bad review about these speakers.  Any feedback is appreciated.  My room is about 22' wide by 14' deep and I have my speakers on the long wall.

mick wolfe

Re: Spatial Audio M4 Turbo S
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2024, 07:54 pm »
I had M2 Turbo's a few years back. Efficient and well voiced in addition to being a fun speaker for all genres. Caveats.... might want a sub or two for the deepest bass. Plus at least here, did their best with solid state amplification. Of course and as already mentioned, this is in regard to the earlier M2, but I "assume" there are  similarities.

ric

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2024, 01:22 pm »
I try to set up the speakers so that bass fullness (not boominess) is #1. With OB the further away from the wall corners equals more bass (opposite of regular box speakers). Try your seating at close to an equilateral triangle and then play around with toe in. Mine ended up toed in just in front of the listening position. Good luck!
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0189/4544/files/Hologram_M4_User_Manual_R2.pdf

James Edward

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2024, 01:31 pm »
There are no bad reviews because it’s a pretty good speaker. I have owned the big brother, the M3 Turbo S for at least five years, a record of sorts for me.
They’re great speakers in general, and excel at playing loud and clean, virtues I enjoy in my open layout living room. They are not the last word in resolution, and I’d say they lean toward ‘warm’ in their sound. They image well, and the concentric compression tweeter makes the speaker sound ‘of a piece’- coherent and without a sense of hearing woofers and tweeters.
To me the only downside is their look- but that’s subjective.
If you’re on the fence about trying a pair, get off. I see them pop up for sale from time to time at great prices…