ht3

audionow

ht3
« on: 12 Feb 2007, 02:02 am »
 Looking to do a upgrade in the near future. How do the ht3's compare to the  Avalons & the Revel Salons ?
Has anyone done a comparison of these speakers ?

95bcwh

Re: ht3
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2007, 02:47 am »
They all sounded good!! :o

Can you name a list of speakers that you have auditioned, and what you like and dislike about each of them? Knowing your taste will help people in recommending the right speakers for you. Otherwise, all you will get is he says A is better than B, she says B is better than A. Hardly being helpful.

audionow

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2007, 03:12 am »
Speakers I have had or listened to include, Aerial 10 & 20t,  B&W 802d, Martin Logan. I currently have the Revel Salons.
My tastes  include Classic Rock , Blues , Jazz.
Thanks

95bcwh

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2007, 06:34 am »
Speakers I have had or listened to include, Aerial 10 & 20t,  B&W 802d, Martin Logan. I currently have the Revel Salons.
My tastes  include Classic Rock , Blues , Jazz.
Thanks

So comparing Aerial, B&W, Martin Logan and Revel Salon, what do you like and dislike about each of them??? What's wrong with the Salons that you currently own?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2007, 01:16 pm »
I will be even less helpful than Barry!  I am bias.  I have only heard the 802D's, 3 times, once in a home system, once in a store, and once again at RMAF.  The first time I fell in love, the second time I was comparing them to Wilson Sophia II's and they faired well but I preferred slightly the Wilsons, and the third time they were attrocious in the hotel room set-up.  By the third time I was about to own HT3's and was very content that the sound was as good or better for waaaaayyy less money.  I like to play my value card on that one.  Personally I could never afford Aerials or Revels and so have never auditioned.  I could only hope to buy secondhand.  But since I have never heard or even touched a pair, that's moot.

I would love to see how the HT3's stack up against the well respected Aerials or Revels.  Maybe Jim or one of us can arrange for you to at least audition a pair in a nearby owner's home.  We're a pretty generous lot here.

As I said, not very helpful.  I was more excited about stacking them up against some of the brands you mentioned.

audionow

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2007, 05:15 pm »
I have had the Salons for 6 years now, great speaker . I feel they have some of the best bass & midrange I have ever heard in a speaker. The highs could be a little cleaner & more extended. Thus the reason for the upgrade itch.
I have been looking & auditioning for the last 2 years & nothing has forced me to make a move or even think about it. Some of the speakers I auditioned are in the price range of $8000 to $30,000, this includes Wilson Watt 8, Aerial 20T, Martin Logans, Dynaudio, Tyler, B&W, & a few others.
I know Revel  will be releasing the Salon 2 in April, so they will be on my short lists.
I came across the HT3's a few weeks back . The custom cabinents & crossovers got my attention.
The speakers are gorgeous, but I have not heard them.
I plan on getting up to Oakland in a few weeks to listen to Jim's line of speakers.
Any input would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2007, 02:09 am »
If you're headed this way, stop in and critique my set up while you're at it.  I like to get feedback!