Christmas in June!! Thanks Santa Klaus ;^)

byteme

« on: 5 Jun 2003, 02:57 pm »
WOO HOO!  Imagine my suprise last night when I pulled in the garage expecting only an Audio Alchemy DTI to have been delivered - when I saw that HUGE white Odyssey box!!  Last time I talked to Klaus he said it would take until Mid-June to get my Stereo Extreme done since he's in Frisco - what a great surprise!  Immediately out the window went the plans for cutting the grass, washing the car and feeding the dog!!  Holy crap is that thing heavy!  It was all I could do to get it out of the box and onto the counter - well, not that bad, but if you've got one you know!  What a beautiful piece with the silver faceplate, then I turn it around and see two "plaques" on the back, one with my name and the other saying "Stratos Stereo Extreme"!!  I popped the top to snoop around and WOW is this thing built!  Snapped some pics but unfortunately my home computer is down so can't post them yet.  I rearranged the rack a little and set to setting it up.

Sounds fantastic!  More detailed, bigger, deeper, and more musical than my Sherwood Newcastle AM9080.  I moved everything else around so that now the Sherwood is powering the center and all 4 surrounds, the Odyssey is powering the mains and the Denon 3802 is running the patio speakers.  Klaus, thank you!  Looks and sounds as good as everyone said and will only get better!  Little things like the nameplate, WBT connectors, superclean layout on the inside, HUGE power supply, binder for a manual, test CD, isolation feet, etc. make this look and feel like not only an amp that should cost much more but also a purchase experience that has been like no other.  There are many, many places where corners could have been cut with this amp and at every turn extra effort was taken to make the amp what it is, there is clearly a lot of pride taken in manufacture.  It has exceeded my expectations - both the amp and the experience!  Thank you!

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2003, 03:03 pm »
Don't forget to change the stock power cords.  You'll get a very substantial improvement--especially in the lower registers.

Try VH Audio for good, "cheap," giant killer cables.

byteme

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2003, 03:07 pm »
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne
Don't forget to change the stock power cords.  You'll get a very substantial improvement--especially in the lower registers.

Try VH Audio for good, "cheap," giant killer cables.

Had already built an Ernies cord for the amp!  That was done a couple weeks ago already so the stock cord never even got unwrapped.

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
Re: Christmas in June!! Thanks Santa Klaus ;^)
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2003, 05:22 pm »
Quote from: byteme
WOO HOO!  -  that HUGE white Odyssey box!!

Klaus is now giving them away?? Santa, I've been real good all year!

7 days and my monos are going to Santa's workshop  :D

Peter

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2003, 05:36 pm »
Congrats byteme!!!  It is a monster.  I forgot to tell about the nameplates, cd, binder/manual.  Very cool and personalized.

Pirate

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2003, 03:08 pm »
SWEET!   That was fast :beer: Sounds like another satisfied Sratos owner. A big KUDOS to Klaus :xmas: