Endeavor SE Recommendations

qwaszxxx

Endeavor SE Recommendations
« on: 13 Apr 2022, 06:18 am »
Hi all - Im currently looking to replace my Magico A3 with something that has a bit more soul. Love the Magic's for movies and TV, dislike them for music.

I've had the pleasure of listening to the epic Ultra 11s at an audio show a number of years ago, and as much as I'd like to make such a purchase, that's obviously out of reach. But something in the price range of the Endeavor SEs would be very much in my price range, and since I loved the sound signature of the Ultra 11s so much, I wondered if some of that sound might trickle down to the Endeavors.

Now I realize the obvious answer here is that I should just go listen to them and find out, but these things are hard to come across, even for those of us in California. I will be making the trek out to AXPONA this year and am hoping they're there. But I would be curious to hear if anyone on this forum has them, or as has listed to them. I'd be grateful for any impressions you might have and how they compare to other speakers you may have auditioned.

As for my gear and space, I am very space-constrained (in terms of places for amplifiers) so I run a Devialet 440, not a classic VSA-matched amp, I know. The room is a quite large a-frame living/kitchen/dining area.

Anyway, thank you all!