They sound great out of the box!

Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/spiojZBk2kY

Review coming soon!

Love that new speaker smell :D

Shakeydeal

Re: Spatial Audio - New X Class Product Announcement
« Reply #161 on: 21 Aug 2019, 01:25 pm »
Just found out mine will be delivered this afternoon.!

:thumb:

jazzman463

« Reply #162 on: 21 Aug 2019, 03:04 pm »
Have fun. I am enjoying my TC 50's but cant wait  to put them away.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #163 on: 21 Aug 2019, 05:37 pm »
Hey Clayton - In about a week I should be ready to order a pair of the X5s.  Before I do, I really need to see a picture of the black finish.  If it has the lines in it I will want that, but not if solid black.  So 2 questions.  What does the black look like (need a picture) and when will the X5 model start shipping?  Meanwhile I will continue to love my M3TMs - hard to believe the X series will sound better.  My main reason for switching is the 97 dB sensitivity of the X series.  My 2A3 amp drives the M3s with no issues, but I have a pair of 45 amps on order and hope they will drive the X speakers well enough.
Thanks.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #164 on: 21 Aug 2019, 06:17 pm »
Hey Clayton - In about a week I should be ready to order a pair of the X5s.  Before I do, I really need to see a picture of the black finish.  If it has the lines in it I will want that, but not if solid black.  So 2 questions.  What does the black look like (need a picture) and when will the X5 model start shipping?  Meanwhile I will continue to love my M3TMs - hard to believe the X series will sound better.  My main reason for switching is the 97 dB sensitivity of the X series.  My 2A3 amp drives the M3s with no issues, but I have a pair of 45 amps on order and hope they will drive the X speakers well enough.
Thanks.

Hi Glynn - great, you will love the X5. The Ebony color is a wood stain, so you can still see the wood's grain. It looks really nice. See below. The X5 orders are starting to ship. Lead time at this point is about 3 weeks or so. Order sooner than later to minimize the wait time. Your small amps should drive the X5 fine, so you should be in good shape with the 45 amp.

Clayton
www.spatialaudio.us

yakbob

« Reply #165 on: 21 Aug 2019, 07:02 pm »
Clayton,
I'm sure these will turn up on your web site at some point, but do you have any photos of the "nutmeg"/walnut color? I feel that will be my jam but haven't seen it yet.

Thanks!

Spatial Audio

« Reply #166 on: 21 Aug 2019, 08:31 pm »
Clayton,
I'm sure these will turn up on your web site at some point, but do you have any photos of the "nutmeg"/walnut color? I feel that will be my jam but haven't seen it yet.

Thanks!

Nutmeg pic

spotlightaudio

« Reply #167 on: 21 Aug 2019, 10:23 pm »
Since were talking finishes , any plans for a light grey stain with a clear coat? :scratch:

Spatial Audio

« Reply #168 on: 21 Aug 2019, 10:49 pm »
Since were talking finishes , any plans for a light grey stain with a clear coat? :scratch:

Not in the plans - sorry.

Birdbrain

« Reply #169 on: 22 Aug 2019, 11:38 am »
You people need to stop implying that there is, or ever will be, a better speaker than my M3 Triode Masters!  :nono:

yakbob

« Reply #170 on: 22 Aug 2019, 02:28 pm »

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #171 on: 22 Aug 2019, 04:22 pm »
Have to agree with birdbrain.  But I just gave in and ordered a pair of X5s in black.  Plan to sell a pint of blood a week for next 4 years.  Just looked out front and they aren't here yet - this waiting is killing me.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #172 on: 22 Aug 2019, 07:11 pm »
Have to agree with birdbrain.  But I just gave in and ordered a pair of X5s in black.  Plan to sell a pint of blood a week for next 4 years.  Just looked out front and they aren't here yet - this waiting is killing me.

Nice! Please post pics. I really want to see the black finish. Enjoy!

drhoon

« Reply #173 on: 25 Aug 2019, 10:58 pm »
Interested in ordering the x3, is there any pictures of all 4 different colors?

Is there a 60-day trial period like the m3's?

beowulf

« Reply #174 on: 29 Aug 2019, 08:52 am »
Received my Spatial Audio X-3 speakers.
Created an unboxing and set up video.
They sound great out of the box!

Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/spiojZBk2kY

Review coming soon!

Great video, thanks for sharing!

sumoking

« Reply #175 on: 29 Aug 2019, 03:34 pm »
Thank you Beowulf.
Appreciate the feedback!
Cheers!

Kozi

« Reply #176 on: 1 Sep 2019, 02:41 am »
X5 in Nutmeg finish

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #177 on: 1 Sep 2019, 04:27 am »
Clayton, earlier in this thread you say "There are 3 file presets on the amp that I can use to give some flexibility in different sized rooms. Besides volume adjustment it's not really user adjustable unless you are proficient in such things and download the Hypex control software."  It looks like the amp only has an adjustable gain setting.  So the 3 file presets are not really user adjustable without the Hypex control software?

I got my X3s into my room last night around 6:30, and precisely positioned them with laser tools today.  They sound REALLY good already with just 15 hours on them.  I turned the bass gain down to the second from top setting, and was just wondering about the presets.  The gain setting met my needs, and it's nice to have the flexibility to turn it back up when I want more bass slam.  Turned all the way up on the gain it was a little too much in my 15' x 19' room.  It's 15' where the speakers are, but 14' wide where the chair is, and 11' wide behind the chair, 8' ceiling.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #178 on: 1 Sep 2019, 10:59 am »
Nice pic. I see you have more room to spread them further apart, just wondering how you decided on that placement?

Shakey

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #179 on: 1 Sep 2019, 01:58 pm »
The door into the room is behind the left speaker and need space to walk by it.  There's 32 inches between the left speaker and the side wall.  I would like them wider apart, and could move them at most 2 inches on each side, probably should, might be worth the effort.  They are 8 feet 3 inches apart, center to center.