Minnesota Audio Society Meeting - May 20th

jsalk

Minnesota Audio Society Meeting - May 20th
« on: 13 May 2014, 03:27 pm »
We have been asked to present at the Minnesota Audio Society Meeting on Tuesday, May 20th.

Here is some info for those who will be in the area:

Tuesday May 20th 7-9 PM the Audio Society of Minnesota will hold it's monthly meeting. This month we welcome Salk Sound to the Pavek Museum. Salk Sound features high performance, hand crafted, world-class speaker systems. The meeting will be held at the Pavek Museum of Broadcasting, 3517 Raleigh Avenue in St. Louis Park, MN 55416. Refreshments will be served, guests, visitors, and new members are welcome to attend. For more information on this meeting, you can visit our web site at www.audiomn.org

See you there...

- Jim

JonnyFive

Re: Minnesota Audio Society Meeting - May 20th
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2014, 04:38 pm »
Have fun, Jim.  I really wish I could attend.  Do you have a specific topic you'll be addressing?  Or is more Q/A?

mr_bill

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2014, 04:46 pm »
Jim,
Will you be bringing any of your speakers?

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2014, 04:56 pm »
Have fun, Jim.  I really wish I could attend.  Do you have a specific topic you'll be addressing?  Or is more Q/A?

I have no idea. I will probably talk a bit about the Exotica 3-ways and then we'll have a listen.  If they have questions, I'd be happy to answer.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2014, 04:57 pm »
Jim,
Will you be bringing any of your speakers?

We will be bringing the Exotica 3-ways for sure.  Perhaps more...

- Jim

JonnyFive

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2014, 05:15 pm »
I have no idea. I will probably talk a bit about the Exotica 3-ways and then we'll have a listen.  If they have questions, I'd be happy to answer.

- Jim

That's it!  I'm hopping on a plane! ;)

Ern Dog

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2014, 01:27 am »
Sounds fun, wish I lived closer.

Saturn94

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2014, 07:25 pm »
That's it!  I'm hopping on a plane! ;)

Take me with you!  :green:

JonnyFive

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2014, 01:25 pm »
How did the meeting go?  Any listening impressions from attendees who got to hear the E3s?

Gzerro

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2014, 05:36 pm »
How did the meeting go?  Any listening impressions from attendees who got to hear the E3s?

pics or it didn't happen..

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2014, 11:56 pm »
Jim was very well received by a full house of 50 or more people at the Minn Audio Society meeting Tuesday evening.

He gave an interesting presentation and played lots of great sounding music on the new Exotica Three speakers driven by an AVA Fet Valve CF preamp and Fet Valve 600R power amp.

The museum is amazing, full of well organized and displayed antique audio and video relics of all sorts, a great place to visit any time.

Frank Van Alstine

jsalk

« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2014, 02:19 pm »

You may not get a response from Minnesota Audio Society members as there may not be many or any who are audiocircle members.  But it was a fun time.  The meeting was held at the Pavek Broadcast museum that was fascinating in its own right. One display featured some donated broadcast turntables that I operated daily as a disc jockey while in college.  Small world.

- Jim