Kismet monos soon, I hope!!

Arcticdeth

Kismet monos soon, I hope!!
« on: 30 Nov 2018, 06:11 am »
Money available, just need to get the courage to say “do it”
I do have an old pair of stratos monos, they are old, short caps, very small transformer, lose power on loud passages and Motörhead music.
Spoke with Klaus tonight. Things are so far a “go” but I need to come up with the proper cash for the upgrade to his newest incarnation of monos.
 I’m hopeful, as the Sunfire Sig is a whopper, but the stratos I have now, do sound better, with tons of lower watts. I think he said I’m at 150-180W at 8 ohm VS the Sunfire 600@8 1200@4 2400@2 etc, gods of power with the carver, but the detail, sound, clarity, emotion is LESS with the SUNFIRE.  THE STRATOS just have a more natural relaxed, crystal tone which is less fatigueing than the sunfire.
  Gggrrrrrrrr
 Why do I have such a cruddy job which pays pennies.
I’ll be in touch Klaus. Thank you.
Talk soon

Arcticdeth

Re: Kismet monos soon, I hope!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2019, 04:04 am »
Ok, I’m good to go, after what........more years I can count, the ball is rolling.
  Should have my amazing amps in a few months.

So looking forward to the amps. Now maybe I can show up my brother and his audio prowess, I’ll have a pair of amps to rival his!!

Finally, finally, I’m so stoked. The hardest part now is the wait.

Sigh- .............
Happy!!

What 7-10 years plus to finally have the money for these, I saved fro a long time, and it finally happened!
In the works!   So stoked, world class mono blocks powering my CV D-9’s.

I’m smiling ear to ear tonight!

Brettio

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2019, 04:31 am »
Congratulations Articdeth!!  It’ll probably seem like forever and a day before the boxes arrive, but it’ll be worth it!

Arcticdeth

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2019, 02:56 am »
Will be using my elder B&K pro10-mc as preamp.
My modded cerwin vega D-9's.
And my technics 1200mkII AS TT.

AND MY BEING MADE ODYSSEY MONOBLOCK AMPS !!!

I am so happy and anxious to go pick them up in a few month!!!
I dont like shipping, i have bad luck!!
Ill drive the three hrs and meet Klaus and pick them up.

I can not believe it has taken me this long to finally get these.
$ is hard for me to acquire, and this purchase has broken me financially for a couple months.
  Ill have to ask my landlord for some lee way.

Oh man am i happy, if they sound anything like the stratos monos i had, ill be uber happy!!

I loved the sound of them through my back up speakers. Not a good speaker, but they are affordable for me: elder pair of BIC v-630's. Small but great sound.

Inhad to unload a lot of stuff, as were in the process of moving, and was forced to sell a bunch of stuff.
If im lucky my brother will give me his hand me downs. Lucky basta*d

Did i mention im so happy to finally have the ball rolling on a pair of Odyssey monoblocks!!

The wait is the hard part, but it will be worth it.

Thank you Klaus.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2019, 05:06 am »
Fu** im stoked !!!!!!!!!!

Davidlsu84

« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2019, 06:39 am »
Congrats man super happy for Ya, I'm also waiting on some monos from odyssey should be in the next month or so. Didn't get the kismet but he said I would be extremely happy along the lines of the Stratos plus but with more current .. Been waiting for that phone call or email letting me know its getting close. Keep us posted
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2019, 10:30 am by Davidlsu84 »

uncola

« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2019, 09:03 pm »
congrats arcticdeth, I've been reading your posts since the beginning.. I'm sure you'll love them

Arcticdeth

« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2019, 03:04 am »
Congratulations Articdeth!!  It’ll probably seem like forever and a day before the boxes arrive, but it’ll be worth it!

Will be driving to pickup, or maybe if Klaus is available to meet halfway, haven’t asked. Him yet :(
 Most likely we will make a day in Indy, museum, or whatever we decide to do.
 Either way, the long drive will be eternity til home and plugged in.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #8 on: 24 Feb 2019, 06:33 am »
Lost the last post w internet issues, i wrote a nice long story.
Must forget it, not writing again.

Just saying,.....i am so happy to finally have world class as close as possible to symphonic line audio gear.
   I know symphonic lone is some of the top tier audio possible, and they are mine....."..."...soon,

So happy

Arcticdeth

« Reply #9 on: 24 Feb 2019, 10:48 pm »
Hyped to the max!!!!

You guys have no clue how happy i am to have the ball rollingon odyssey monos
Klaus is fuc!ing amazing to say the least. I mentioned my speakers, and the low ohm dips below 3 Ohm on passages and the like, he saido worries, these will blow your doors off,

I have been waiting so long for these odyssey mnos, soooooo long
I honestly cant believe the ball is rolling and in a few months, i will have odyssey mono blocks

Im hoping my brother is jealous, when he gets back home, and fires up his stereo, yaddayadda, yadda, ill ask him to come listen to MY NEW AMPS, My brother has steve mccormack amps and stuff like that, me, never affordable dor me, so these odysseys are a whole notherr level. I have t he best, and will never sell.
  I have fou nd my lifer gear,and am so stoked to finally have it!!

Odyssey monoblocks. Are mine!!

All mine!!!
Mine!!!

Thank you Klaus.

Arcticdeth

Re: Kismet monos soon, I hope!
« Reply #10 on: 9 Apr 2019, 11:52 pm »
So......SO....Lfeiggin stoked and happy to FINALLY BE A PART OF THE KLAUS BUNGE FAMILY!

YOU PRIC## have no clue how happy I am.

After being blown away by my brothers system for way too many years, it is my turn!!!

He has a wicked high class system, (still in active duty) I use once in a blue moon,
 But I have my Kismet plus I hope coming in the next couple months, and I am so goddamn happy, I think I’ve made my shorts sticky!

Klaus, I can not thank you enough, for your patience with me, over the past what......10 years with me in this forum, and I finally came up with the money.  Your a Godsend, and have made me so happy to be in the upper high class of high end audio, and to compete with y brother in the audio world. 

I hope and trust. These mega, Kismet + monos will kick the crapola out of. My brothers McCormack amps.

Thank you for y our patience brother, means so much to me!!!!

Sigh,  I can’t believe I will have top tier amps to match or rival my brothers stuff!

I’m as happy as a pig rilling in shi*

WHOOOO-HOOOOOOO

aaron.luebke

« Reply #11 on: 14 Apr 2019, 07:19 pm »
so....ahh.....you're happy?  It's really hard to tell.   :lol:

:beer:

Arcticdeth

« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2019, 02:07 am »
so....ahh.....you're happy?  It's really hard to tell.   :lol:

:beer:

Klaus is swamped with orders.
I will be waiting a wee. BIt longer.

I’m sure the wait will be worth it.
I am still stoked.

Been using. My brothers amps (w permission of course) he’s overseas working.

I’m looking forward to MY OWN power amps, soon!

Klaus is a great dude,  no arse kissing, just happy he took my order when he did, as I understood he has a lot of orders, and it would take a while for my upgrade to Kismet +’s

Just being patient for the phone call....
I told my brother, he was not immediately familiar with Odyssey,, but has sent a few emails since I told him what I bought, and is looking to hearing them when he come home for a few weeks this late summer.

Yes, I’m happy, and patient, as I know Klaus will do a great job.

uncola

« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2019, 04:16 pm »
Glad to see you're keeping the faith Arcticdeth.  As for me I'm downsizing.  Pm me if you're interested in my kismet in khartago monos!  I'm even going from towers to bookshelves

Arcticdeth

« Reply #14 on: 3 Aug 2019, 09:20 am »
Sent my amps to Klaus about a year ago!
 Paid in full up front, he drove to my house to pick them up, it’s too bad. It wasn’t a nice BMW!
 KLAUS XHOSE A Mercedes, such a shame, ;)
 He went out of his way for me, and my mom will be in Indianapolis in the next few weeks!

I’m looking forward to the pickup of sad mono amps!
    I have been listening to my hrothers amps past two years!

Mom hoping to get these amps soon!
MKlaus isnusy, and  have bonus!
 Monoblocks apps., Amd a nice secure amps, and home in my business school n!!
  The better the food eke is fine!l.phappy all!!

artur9

« Reply #15 on: 4 Aug 2019, 03:38 am »
Hang in there.  It's worth the wait.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #16 on: 4 Aug 2019, 11:26 pm »
Yeah...picked them up in February with the understanding that it'll take some good time.....anyway,  will be awesome and the best I can do ....heheheeee, if nothing else to avoid anymore of your posts here Rusty......besides,  after meeting with him,  he is a genuinely good guy,  and off topic,  his mom has a BMW M3..now,  how cool is that ?????

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #17 on: 5 Aug 2019, 08:27 am »
Do you mean say you will use Cerwin Vega D9 with the Kismet?

Arcticdeth

« Reply #18 on: 15 Aug 2019, 08:28 am »
Finally,after 10 plus years, of wanting and wishing, it’s here, my mother will be in Indy in the next month or two, with a bottle of descent red wine, for Klaus,
  I’ll be home, and waiting for perfection.

Thank you Klaus,  I appreciate your time.

Will message y ou very soon as to when the dates she will be in Indy.

uncola

« Reply #19 on: 15 Aug 2019, 09:39 am »
congrats, Arcticdeth!