Chinese EL34 Tube amp with Omegas

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
Re: Chinese EL34 Tube amp with Omegas
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2019, 08:04 pm »
Tdogthzmn,
I bought one of the BL-02 type Chinese tube amplifiers. I'm burning it in now. $280.00 dollars, 8 watts. I'm impressed with this inexpensive Chinese amp, it sounds terrific  for the money. I would recommend this amp to anyone, not wanting to spend a lot of money..
 :popcorn:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2019, 08:51 pm »
Good looking amp, any underside photo?

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #22 on: 23 May 2019, 03:44 am »
Good looking amp, any underside photo?

Not a great photo. But..  it looks like all the joints are covered in a silicone coating. I haven't seen that before.

It's a great sounding unit, with the cheap tubes sent with it. I plan on changing those out in the next week..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 23 May 2019, 04:16 am »
Are you sure this is silicone? Its not a paint?
Some military equip are sprayed with a anti-static/corrosion varnish.
First time I have seem this in a audio amp.
Congratulations seems a well built unit.

tdogzthmn

« Reply #24 on: 23 May 2019, 10:51 pm »
Tdogthzmn,
I bought one of the BL-02 type Chinese tube amplifiers. I'm burning it in now. $280.00 dollars, 8 watts. I'm impressed with this inexpensive Chinese amp, it sounds terrific  for the money. I would recommend this amp to anyone, not wanting to spend a lot of money..
 :popcorn:

Very cool, looks like a different circuit than the one I have but glad to hear your initial impressions are good.  I've probably spent almost as much on tubes than the amp at this point but thats half the fun of owning a tube amp is getting to explore various tube combinations.

Wig

« Reply #25 on: 8 Jun 2019, 07:32 pm »
Guys,

I'm ready to make the jump, which one should I get, JBH or Lanchen? These will be used on some AN 4" full range drivers.

Also, provide link on where to purchase.

Thanks,
Wig :thumb:

tdogzthmn

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2019, 10:23 pm »
The JBH is still making sweet sounds.  I've decided to leave a pair of the JJ EL-34 II is the amp for now.  They seem to offer the right amount of detail and lushness to the Junior 8's that keep me engaged during my late night listening sessions.  Even at really low volumes I get nice definition and realism.

One other tweak I made was to put a pair of -6 dB in-line attenuators on the inputs to lower the signal.  This gives me more play on the volume knob and still leaves me plenty of headroom to spare.  The amp is rated at 8 WPC and seems to be more than enough for the speakers.