Which Metal artists that have excellent sound quality recordings?

Huck

Looking for some 'Metal' artists that have excellent sound quality recordings,with no screaming or growling please.I am very picky when it comes to my music.
List their best sounding title(s) if you wish.Not looking for best musicianship,but excellent sound quality recordings.Thanks,Huck :popcorn:
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2023, 02:43 pm by Huck »

Wayner

Re: Metal artists that have excellent sound quality.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2023, 11:25 pm »
None, that is why I have no music by them.

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2023, 11:42 pm »
 Godsmack might meet your criteria, I haven't listened through the entire album yet. So far I find it acceptable.
I have a collection of Metalhead songs in my CD collection. I recall only a few songs meeting your criteria, which is the same for me. I will have to review them.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2023, 01:00 am »
Opeth Damnation is phenomenal. One of my proverbial deserted island pics. Their new one In Caude Venenum also has no screaming. Their other albums like Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries do have screaming and singing both and are just so good.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2023, 01:38 am »
Looking for some 'Metal' artists that have excellent sound quality,no screaming or growling please.
The sound quality of the recording is not responsibility of the artist, they have no idea what image, soundstage or compression is. And the sound engineer have no responsability for what the singer does or sings. So not sure about what the quote reffers to.  :scratch:

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2023, 01:53 am »
No screaming + No growling = NO METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Godsmack is NO METAL neither !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FireGuy

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2023, 02:22 am »
No screaming + No growling = NO METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal (esp its subgenres) absolutely take vocals to another level.  Unlike any other.  Call it what you want (fry, scream, guttural, growl) adds amazing depth, texture and emotion.  Their different forms and levels create a sense extremeness that creatively melds with the riffs and blast beats.

With that said, for the OP:  Within Temptation is a "vocal safe" metal band.  Pretty darn good symphonic metal.

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2023, 02:35 am »

:lol: :thumb:

GentleBender

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2023, 02:37 am »
Iron Maiden may fit the bill. Great voice and musicianship!

Huck

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jan 2023, 02:44 am »
Godsmack might meet your criteria, I haven't listened through the entire album yet. So far I find it acceptable.
I have a collection of Metalhead songs in my CD collection. I recall only a few songs meeting your criteria, which is the same for me. I will have to review them.

I have listened to a few titles by Godsmack and they are all pretty well done (put together)recordings....something along those lines is what I am after.Thanks,Huck

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:00 am »
If I'm looking for something different, an (any) internet radio station that plays that genre is a wealth of new choices. Shoutcast radio has thousands of stations available. An immediate listen beats a casual recommendation anytime.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2023, 04:08 am by whydontumarryit »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:15 am »
deleted

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:45 am »
likewise

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2023, 04:01 am »
I unable to understand how the identical same answers are from many people from your country. Will delete.

Huck

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2023, 11:49 am »
Thanks everyone! Huck

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:05 pm »
Another one you may appreciate is Alice In Chains (which you've probably listened to) but also really might like Jerry Cantrell's solo work. Another band that didn't blow ALL of their record advances on drugs and were able to spend some time in the studio getting really good stuff.

Huck

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jan 2023, 03:26 pm »
Another one you may appreciate is Alice In Chains (which you've probably listened to) but also really might like Jerry Cantrell's solo work. Another band that didn't blow ALL of their record advances on drugs and were able to spend some time in the studio getting really good stuff.

I have 'Dirt" and "Jar of Flies" on CD . Thanks,Huck
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2023, 02:10 pm by Huck »

Jeff_From_Michigan

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2023, 05:34 pm »
Megadeth's "Youthanasia" and Ozzy's latest "Patient Number 9" both sound very good in my system.

(edit) Just re-read the original post. There may be a little screaming and/or growling here and there.......

Huck

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jan 2023, 07:08 pm »
Megadeth's "Youthanasia" and Ozzy's latest "Patient Number 9" both sound very good in my system.

(edit) Just re-read the original post. There may be a little screaming and/or growling here and there.......
I have both CD versions of Youthanasia,original and newer version and the newer version sounds better to me.
Not sure which version of Youthanasia AMZ plays,but it is very close to sounding just as good as my newer version on CD.
I will try Ozzy (stream) tonight.Thanks,Huck
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2023, 01:50 pm by Huck »

Wayner

« Reply #19 on: 14 Jan 2023, 08:30 pm »
Looking for some 'Metal' artists that have excellent sound quality,no screaming or growling please.
The sound quality of the recording is not responsibility of the artist, they have no idea what image, soundstage or compression is. And the sound engineer have no responsability for what the singer does or sings. So not sure about what the quote reffers to.  :scratch:

Wrong.