My New Budget Headphone Champ

adydula

• Restricted
Re: My New Budget Headphone Champ
« Reply #20 on: 19 Aug 2019, 10:04 pm »
I dont hear this fuzziness...there are times i listen for hours with these little gems, and then put on my other High dollar cans...listen for a few songs and find myself putting on these $30 wonders!!

Ha!

..and I really like my HD600's and others....

Finding these el cheapo open air "earphones" really can provide you a very nice musical experience, even if they dont articulate as well as a mega dollar hp does.

Bass on these are astounding...for what they are...

Alex

OzarkTom

« Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2019, 02:11 am »
For 20 bucks, why not? I will be using these with the Dayton Audio Hybrid tube inr. I paid $105 at parts express. :thumb:

Cacophonix

« Reply #22 on: 21 Aug 2019, 05:59 pm »
An over the top review from Z review  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twPEt6pFJk4

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #23 on: 21 Aug 2019, 06:46 pm »
An over the top review from Z review  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twPEt6pFJk4

Too long to sit through it start to finish so I jumped forward frequently. It did though make me anxious to get the pair I ordered.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #24 on: 21 Aug 2019, 07:58 pm »
Gosh that guy has a real potty mouth for sure...

But....I feel the same way about these KPH30i's...indeed the best price performer hp's I have ever heard...since my HD 414's way back!!

Alex

NickMimi

« Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2019, 12:12 am »
I got mine thru drop, i managed to enjoy them for about 2 hours when suddenly my girlfriend saw them and squealed, “OMG, those white headphones are soooo cute and match my computer baby, can i please have them?” My pair should be here in a few more days... They sounded really swell for something that costs under $30 delivered to my door. I found them to be very comfortable and when played within their operating range provided sound that was unbelievable for what they look like and cost. I’m not setting aside any of my nicer headphones for them but I sure as heck don’t feel I’m missing much when using them.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2019, 01:34 pm »
I guess thats what girlfriends are for!!

:D :D :D

Thats a funny story !

Feel the same way the high dollar cans are great, but these arent that bad at all!!

Alex

jhm731

« Reply #27 on: 26 Aug 2019, 09:29 pm »
Mahalo for tip on the KPH30i.

Great value.

ajzepp

« Reply #28 on: 27 Aug 2019, 10:21 am »
That's awesome some of you guys and gals are enjoying these. I have been using my pair far more often than I ever expected. Still cannot believe how good these sound for such little money.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 27 Aug 2019, 12:38 pm »
These little Koss wonders makes me want to audition their electrostatics!!

:>)

Alex

jhm731

« Reply #30 on: 28 Aug 2019, 04:10 am »
These little Koss wonders makes me want to audition their electrostatics!!

:>)

Alex

Has anyone listened to the electrostatics?

I checked them, but don't like the SMPS.

santacore

« Reply #31 on: 1 Sep 2019, 05:26 pm »
I just picked up a seet of the KPH30iW to use with my laptop. For some reason my little dog loves to chew off the rubber pieces of the IEM's I typically use. She has ruined a number of pairs of IEM's that I've had. These Koss sound great for what they are and will hopefully allow me to keep a set of headphones on the table without them getting chewed up. Recommended for cheap fun cans.

stlrman

« Reply #32 on: 2 Sep 2019, 01:51 pm »
Can these be run right from an iPhone ?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #33 on: 2 Sep 2019, 07:37 pm »
Its a TRRS male plug. so if your Iphone supports this your good to go..

From a reviewn on cnet:

The headphone's impedance is rated at a slightly high-ish 60 ohms, but my iPhone 6S had no trouble making the KPH30i sing.

Alex

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #34 on: 7 Sep 2019, 12:07 pm »
Received the little Koss the other day and plugged them in to my Nuforce HDP immediately. First thing I noticed was how much more efficient they are than my Beyerdynamic DT990 premiums. Had to turn them down a bunch. I run my ipod on shuffle and the first song was Oh Darling from Abbey Road. McCartney's bass was amazing on these little guys; not overpowering, but clean, punchy and super easy to follow. Very promising right out of the box.

I didn't have time to listen so I turned the volume up just a bit, took them off my head, and let it shuffle away all day to burn in a bit. It's too early to address the sound from the KPH30i just yet, but I can address a couple other things. First is comfort, and yes they seem like they will be very comfortable for extended periods. Back in the day I owned both the Sennheiser HD410 and the HD420. Both of those would rub my outer ear and had to come off after 45 minutes or so. I don't think that will be the case with the Koss.

The other issue mentioned by Alex is the 1/4 inch adapter. My HDP has a 1/4 inch jack and maybe I was lucky, because when I reached in the drawer and grabbed the first adapter I saw, it worked fine. Haven't tried it with my phone, and probably never will.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #35 on: 7 Sep 2019, 02:41 pm »
Cool glad you got them and first impressions are pretty good....

I only use the adapter Koss sent me with the amps that only have 1/4 phone plugs.

Some TRS to 1/4 adapters can short out and cause amp issues....

Great on yours working!!

Alex