UPDATE! NEW GEAR ADDED! Crescendo Systems and Rythmik Subwoofers demo on 8/29!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Okay, this new speaker turned out way better than I thought. I have been working on building some nice looking (finished) cabinets that I think I can have completed by Monday or so.

Did I mention that it was all open baffle?

It looks like that on top of Gary bringing the new battery powered tube amp, he may also have another surprise in store.

arthurs

Sweet Danny!  Bump for the thread, please e-mail me if you're coming so I can put you on the distro for directions!

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
Wow, this is shaping up to be quite an event.  So many things I'd like to hear and people I'd like to meet.  Sometimes it seems that Ohio is the furthest away from the action I can possibly be..  :duh:

arthurs

Wow, this is shaping up to be quite an event.  So many things I'd like to hear and people I'd like to meet.  Sometimes it seems that Ohio is the furthest away from the action I can possibly be..  :duh:

Maybe Hugh can pick you up on his way back from getting George!  :D

This is shaping up to be a fun day, looking at approximately 20-25 people at this point so we shouldn't be too overcrowded either...

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
I spent all day cutting some really nice looking side panels for the Venuette. I found some really nice Ash in just the right size and from a continuous piece so all the grain matches.

Now I know why they make baseball bats out of Ash.

Shaping four pieces into a fancy shape using hand tools was not fun, and took way longer than I wanted it to. This wood is almost impossible to sand.  :duh: At least it will look really good.  :green:

arthurs

Next weekend is going to be a blast!  can't wait to hear them Danny  :thumb:

Cacophonix

This is going to really cool!
Danny new mystery speaker and those massive stats w/servo subs. Can't afford to miss this one!  :thumb:

woofersus

• Industry Participant
    • East Street Audio
Maybe Hugh can pick you up on his way back from getting George!  :D

This is shaping up to be a fun day, looking at approximately 20-25 people at this point so we shouldn't be too overcrowded either...

As long as he's hopping around the country in his private jet, he might as well pick me up at the Columbus airport....    :thumb:

Seriously though, if it was a 1 day drive I'd probably do it.  Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys and hear some of this great gear at RMAF.

arthurs

arthurs

If you're interested in attending, please e-mail me at
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2009, 11:48 am by arthurs »

PhenomeNhan

• PhenomeNhan Audio Video
This is all great stuff.  Can't wait to check out all the toys and mingle with everyone there.  I'll bring some beers!

arthurs

Should be great Nhan!  Thnaks to you and Hugh for arranging the Onix gear, can't wait to hear that player...  :D

arthurs

Sent out the info to everyone via e-mail, if you didn't get anything from me, please let me know.  Still plenty of room for more and no time slots anymore thanks to the second system downstairs!  :thumb:

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
Here we come.  :thumb:

Nick77

Cant wait to see some photos, since i couldnt make this one.  :green:

Se7en

Art,

Thank you to you and your family for opening your home and hosting such a great event today!

The food and more importantly the audio was great! I was really blown away by the sound of those GR OBs downstairs (your room upstairs wasn't bad either  :drool:).

Thanks for a perfect day all around!

-Gabriel

arthurs

Gabriel, glad you could make it, it was great meeting you.

A big shout out to all the manufacturers who made today possible.  Kim from Cresecendo, Brian from Rythmik, Danny from GR, Gary from Dodd Audio, Aaron from Appogg Systems, Nhan and Hugh from Onix, and last but not least, the wild man himself John from KCI/Usher.  Special mention also to Ken who made it by last night to help carry and setup.  You guys made a great day possible for all of us, many thanks for the labor that went into it, it was truly a blast and I hope it in someway helps your business. 

All of you who made it by today, thank you for the reminder of what really makes this hobby great, the people.  What a terrific day to share together.

nrenter

Yes, Art. Thank you very much. Excellent time. Could not imagine a better event.

arthurs

See?  There's Gabriel enjoying himself (second from left front row)  :thumb:

woofersus

• Industry Participant
    • East Street Audio
Can't wait to see some more pics and hear some reactions.  It sounds like a great time.