Marbles

C
« on: 12 Jan 2003, 04:47 am »
T
« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2009, 06:08 pm by Marbles »

Jay S

Congrat's Wayne!!! 2 years in a row you've been on a winning
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2003, 06:42 am »
Wow, wonderful!!  Congrats, Wayne!  I had been waiting for news of the CES and am glad that it is all good.  

I am not sure if the smART you used at CES this year has any additional mods done to it, but I have to say that the MENSA that you recently sent me is MUCH smoother and more musical than the smART.

nature boy

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2003, 02:35 pm »
Wayne,

It takes a great cable to make a great speaker sound good.  Congrats on you new products and the audiocircles favorite CES team -  Wayne, Big B, and Jim.

NB

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2003, 07:25 pm »
Not only is Wayne a talented designer of wires and mods for the DIO, he's a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.  Congratulations on the strong showing, especially considering the fact that he was going up against some very expensive competitors!

J

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2003, 05:42 pm »
Thank you all very much!!!

Brian and James both kept saying it was a booth win.

The judges that kept coming around, all said they though it was the best sound at CES. Brian did say the cables played a very big part :D

The smART DI/O was not used in this years demo.

What was used were quite a few Silver Bullet Bybee Nitros, NITRO speaker cable and NITRO power cables.

Brian will be using the Silver Bullet Bybee NITROs in his own demo system. He already uses a Cryo treated Silver Bullet Digital cable.

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2003, 02:17 am »
Quote from: Wayne1
Brian will be using the Silver Bullet Bybee NITROs in his own demo system. He already uses a Cryo treated Silver Bullet Digital cable.

While the only cables of Wayne's I've got so far is a Cryo'd Silver Bullet Digital (2 of them actually), I can only comment on on that particular cable.

I would have never thought that a Digital Coax could make such a huge improvement. But now I know it can. I put the first one on my DVD player. Not only did it make everything sound incredibly real, but then the DD output was as good as or even a bit better than DD on Laserdisc.

So I had to get another for the DD out on my LDP. Finally got around to testing it today. :o Damn does it work great as an AC-3 RF cable! I'll definitely have to get one for the PCM out on the LDP later on down the road...

Between the exceptional performance of the Digital's Wayne's built me & the excellent customer service I'd say you can't go wrong going Bolder. I might even just skip building my CC89259 speaker cables (they're a bit time consuming) and get some Nitro Speaker cables at some point down the road.