UR with Uptone LPS 1.2 v. Signature Rendu SE??

Shredder

UR with Uptone LPS 1.2 v. Signature Rendu SE??
« on: 17 Jan 2019, 03:11 pm »
Hey. I have read comparisons of UR with ordinary ps to the Signature SE and comparisons of the MR with the Uptone to the Signature, but have not been able to find a comparison of UR with Uptone to the Signature. The UR/Uptone combo is pretty great. Anyone know if the Signature provides any sq improvement????? Thanks.

Shredder

Re: UR with Uptone LPS 1.2 v. Signature Rendu SE??
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2019, 12:07 pm »
I have read just about everything online about the SE and am convinced it is a nice upgrade. I found one used on Audiogon and have decided to give it a shot. The upcoming optical upgrade is also enticing. i will report back.

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2019, 04:24 pm »
Hi Shredder.

As the UpTone power supply is from a separate company, we at Sonore do not feel it is our place to comment on it (I have no experience of it personally).  But I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with Signature! 
Looking forward to hearing how the Signature performs for you.

Shredder

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2019, 02:34 pm »
So, I spent about five hours yesterday listening to my system with the SE (fyi, system includes Lampi Atlantic dac, Ayre AX-5/20 integrated, and Aerial 9 speakers).  I have to say it is pretty great. As advertised, it is very quiet and audibly quieter than the UR/Uptone combo. As  one would hope for/expect, the quiet background resulted in greater tonal density, more holographic imaging, enhanced separation between instruments,  and a deeper soundstage.  Unexpectedly (at least for me), I found the bass to be much more extended and detailed. It is definitely more forward than the MR and it may take me some time to adjust to that. Very happy, great product, highly recommended. I can't imagine how great this will sound with the upcoming optical upgrade.

That said, the UR/Uptone combo is terrific and significantly less expensive. I could have happily lived with that combo for many years.
« Last Edit: 2 Feb 2019, 08:21 pm by Shredder »