Playback software for Spotify

oskar

Playback software for Spotify
« on: 18 Mar 2018, 01:50 pm »
New to Spotify. Quality is sorely lacking compared to Mac mini with BitPerfect.
Is there playback software that works with Spotify?
Thx.

srb

Re: Playback software for Spotify
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2018, 03:16 pm »
Are you comparing playing 320kbps compressed Spotify Premium tracks with playing 320kbps compressed files with BitPerfect on the Mac, or are you playing uncompressed files with BitPerfect?

oskar

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2018, 03:24 pm »
I have Spotify premium. 320 i believe.
My mac plays uncompressed files.
I don't see a way to have bitperfect take over playback of spotify so wondering if there is software that will.
thx

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2018, 04:16 pm »
Only Spotify software can play the Spotify streams. There are no third party apps to play Spotify. Hardware players that stream Spotify use software developed by Spotify to hook in.

Regardless of the source of the digital stream, there's no software that can restore the data that is lost to file compression (and sound better doing it.)

I didn't know Spotify offered 320k resolution, that's good to know! I wonder if it's available on family 5pack subscription.

If Spotify 320k isn't good enough then try Tidal HiFi. It streams full 16/44.1 resolution via flac lossless compression. People say the Tidal GUI isn't as good as Spotify, but I find it to be OK (once I got used to it, and avoided Spotify app for a while.) :)

There is usually a "First 3 months free" offer going on Tidal. Search AC or goog for details.

slash71

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2018, 08:54 pm »
Partially true.  Dapile and Spotify plugin can do :

https://m.facebook.com/Daphile/posts/1386154951397540