Odyssey Candela remote questions

Chico Jim

• Trust your ears
Odyssey Candela remote questions
« on: 25 Dec 2021, 04:35 pm »
I recently found a Candela in a thrift store and bought it.  It didn’t have a remote which brings me to my first question:

Do all Candela’s have a motorized volume pot, or was it an option?

Second question:

If they all have a motorized pot, what remote will work with it?

Final question:

If it was an option item, can I determine if my Candela originally came with the remote option from the serial number?

GeneS

Re: Odyssey Candela remote questions
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2021, 04:54 pm »
Wow!
What a great find!!

1) Remote control on a Candela is an option.
2) I opted for the remote option and the remote supplied is a Symphonic (or labeled “Symphonic”)
3) I have no idea how Klaus keeps track of his builds (but he does), so maybe an email or phone call to him after the holidays would yield an answer to that question. You might be able to open the Candela to tell, but I would have no idea what to look for.

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2021, 05:32 pm »
Fabulous find indeed. I can't tell from the picture if the remote receiver is the square on the right or if it is located behind the  Odyssey Audio logo glass.

https://odysseyaudio.com/candela-vacuum-tube-line-preamplifier/

GeneS Do you know where the sensor is located on the faceplate?

GeneS

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2021, 05:47 pm »
Fabulous find indeed. I can't tell from the picture if the remote receiver is the square on the right or if it is located behind the  Odyssey Audio logo glass.

https://odysseyaudio.com/candela-vacuum-tube-line-preamplifier/

GeneS Do you know where the sensor is located on the faceplate?

I believe it is just to the right of the large volume knob on the right hand side of the faceplate.

Chico Jim

• Trust your ears
« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2021, 06:00 pm »
Thanks for the replies, mine does have the sensor to the right of the large volume knob.  That should have been a clue🤓.  It was a great find and sounds wonderful.  I will call Klaus after the holidays to get info on what remotes will work with it.