H2O Audio 250 Signature Amplifier An Awesome Powerhouse at 250 WPC

Mister Pig

• "when pigs fly"
    • Affordable Audio/Positive Feedback Online writer
This is a reference quality amp, that has developed a reputation of fantastic sound, and the ability to drive any speaker out there. The designer uses Apogee Scintillia as his reference speaker, and this amp is built to handle that 1 ohm load.
This is a Class D amplifier capable of outputting 250 WPC and 40 amps of current. This is the signature version that uses dual stack toroidal transformers, and improved bypass caps and internal wire. This amp has the mids of a quality tube amplifier, yet has control of the bass the way a quality solid state amp has. Here is the whole story from 6 Moons

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/h2o2/1.html

MSRP $3800
Sell    $1800

This amp is in perfect shape, with no marks that I can see. I rated it an 8 just to be conservative. Sorry about some of the fingerprints in the pics, I cleaned before photos, but the flash still picks up a fingerprints from moving it around while taking pics. Preference is given to local pick up, as it will cost a bit to ship this amp, as weight is going to be in the 80 pound range.

I might regret selling this one, but I got it in my mind to give a no holds barred SS amp a try, so I am selling a few prized pieces off to build that war chest.

Bemopti123

One fantastic sounding amp.  It whips my mom's Kappa 9 to shape.  Good luck with the sale.