LCD-X too heavy???

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: LCD-X too heavy???
« Reply #20 on: 8 Sep 2018, 02:31 am »
Just an update.

I'e been listening with my HD650's with an XLR cable. These old guys are really performing. I'm not sure what more I could want.

Wait I've got a pair of LCD2's I have't even hooked up yet and they've got both SE/XLR cables. Yep another good HP experience using the XLR cable.

I'll have to try switching the two and see what the differences are.

Oh and to answer my own question, yes the Audeze is heavy, but too heavy? No way!  :nono:

This is fun!

Gene

RezIndie

« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2018, 10:40 pm »
I also have the 650's and just bought a set of Focal Clear's, they are really heavy, much more so than the 650's, but they are still very comfortable to me.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #22 on: 29 Sep 2018, 02:43 pm »
Yep, I also had my eyes on a pair of Focal Utopia's but way too rich for my old ears!

Gene

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2018, 07:11 pm »
If you really like the sound of the HD650s (and I do), then the Beyer T1 is actually the ultimate expression of that type of sound.  I've had a pair of T1s for 6 years now and no desire to change to anything else.  For context, before getting the T1s I was an active member at Head-Fi and had churned through probably a dozen high end headphones before finding the T1s. 

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2018, 07:17 pm »
There's a hell of a lot of activity over there.

Gene

Tyson

« Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2018, 07:41 pm »
I'm also spoiled in that I get to attend RMAF every year and their head-fi section is huge.  Huge.  So I get to hear basically everything, for as long as I want, as many times as I want.  Other headphones definitely have different strengths (and weaknesses) vs the T1s, but overall I am pretty happy with my choice.  I'll take the HD800 as an example.  It does some amazing things.  But after hearing it a bunch of times at CanJam, it's just way too bright for me.  So that's easy to let go of the thought "maybe the HD800s are better".  I also discovered I am just not a fan of planar headphones (ironic since I LOVE planar magnetic drivers in speakers).  So that cuts out an entire class of "what if" thoughts.

Basically, you should try to hit a CanJam if there's ever one anywhere close to you.  Or go on head fi and see if there's any meetups in your local area - those are also fun and very educational. 

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2018, 11:25 pm »
Tyson,

I went thru many headphones and settled in on the T1's as well. I still have the T90's and DT1350's, but the T1's are my goto headphones....I always wondered about the Senn sound so I bought a set of the HD600's and they too are very nice....different sound but they are neat as well...but the T1's are the the nicest hps I have heard..even going thru Audeze and several other$1K hps....they are indeed special....

Pairing with a BH Mainline, I have stopped looking and just enjoy the music!

Alex

Tyson

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2018, 03:13 am »
Tyson,

I went thru many headphones and settled in on the T1's as well. I still have the T90's and DT1350's, but the T1's are my goto headphones....I always wondered about the Senn sound so I bought a set of the HD600's and they too are very nice....different sound but they are neat as well...but the T1's are the the nicest hps I have heard..even going thru Audeze and several other$1K hps....they are indeed special....

Pairing with a BH Mainline, I have stopped looking and just enjoy the music!

Alex

It's nice isn't it?  When you find that one piece of gear you can live with, long term.  I'm like that with the T1s, and my speakers and my preamp.  DACs and amps, well that's another story :lol:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #28 on: 30 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm »
Yes it is...

I built 10+ headphone amps and many commercial retail amps and dacs...

The best overall amp I have ever heard with these cans are the BH Mainline..tubes, old school for sure.

The best SS amps sound very, very good as well, even more "accurate" and unmerciful at times, but that Mainline and its glowing magic makes me smile often!

Alex

Twinsfan85

« Reply #29 on: 25 Feb 2019, 01:44 am »
Chiming in to say the 800s are the bees knees. I use them alongside LCD 3s. Not sure what I like better.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #30 on: 28 Feb 2019, 12:28 am »
Since I started this thread, I'll add that I also just got a nice pair of used Senn. HD800S's. As far as I'm concerned, they are all good.  :thumb:

Gene