HifiMan Sundara

JohnR

Re: HifiMan Sundara
« Reply #20 on: 31 Jul 2018, 09:41 pm »
Sennheiser did introduce the HD660, although I haven't heard much about it... One thing I did like about the HD600/650 is that you could buy pretty much every part of it separately in case repair was needed.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #21 on: 31 Jul 2018, 09:50 pm »
This is great, hifiman also sells pads, cables and now I see they are selling the new model head band, not know if they sells the cans or drivers.

There is a video on how to install the new head band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNvJojfYk-E
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2018, 11:31 pm by FullRangeMan »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 5 Aug 2018, 02:01 am »
Other day read the HE560 was discontinued with the Sundara release, have not listened the 560 I wonder by what sound qualities did it stay so long in production?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 5 Aug 2018, 06:40 pm »
The HD600 still being sold and bought by many is a statement in itself...yes its old technology but for many it gets the job done for sure.

I bought a set a month back just to see what $283 would by me and what is the hype on this particular can.....Its a really nice headphone and very accurate tonally IMO.

The soundstage is not what a HD800 or Beyer T1 provides but IMO its really not that bad....and the delta is $283 to $1599....I guess you gets what you paid for.. :D

I am so tempted to save for the HD800's but that cost is way high for me ATM.

Alex