N3 Flat Pack

electriceye

N3 Flat Pack
« on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:54 am »
Anyone offering this up lately? Tried a search that didnt bring up anything too current.

Wind Chaser

Re: N3 Flat Pack
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2018, 05:34 pm »
You might want to talk to Danny about the Carnegie CST-1. They are pretty much the same thing except they are fully assembled and nicely finished. If he still has any left, they are the deal of the century.

gab

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2018, 05:37 pm »
You might want to talk to Danny about the Carnegie CST-1. They are pretty much the same thing except they are fully assembled and nicely finished. If he still has any left, they are the deal of the century.

http://gr-research.com/cst-1.aspx

available

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2018, 05:56 pm »
I would also add it’s worth asking Danny about crossover upgrades and no-res. Depending on what it costs and your budget, you might want to consider having them prepped as such before you take delivery??

Even if you take them as they are, as Danny says, “This is a steal of a deal. You can't even have the cabinets made for this price. Get them now."

These are being blown out for half of retail. And they were already a great value at full retail.

fdjslkgh

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2018, 07:49 pm »
The N3 kit is $519. The fully assembled CST-1 is $899. That's $380 for a fully assembled AND FINISHED cabinet. That is an absolutely crazy deal.

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:04 pm »
The CST-1 looks nice since it doesnt have the silly pedestal things on top and bottom. It looks like a serious bargain.

electriceye

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:46 pm »
Thanks for all the quick replies. I already have n3s and im not super happy with my cabinet work, it was my first go at it. I was looking to convert it to a plain n3 floorstander with a flat pack and do a little cleaner finish work.

Captainhemo

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2018, 05:19 pm »
Well, I can tell you that the N3tl flat packs would likly be close to $500 using  quality MDF and cnc machined.   You'd still need to spend   significant time  assembling and   finishing  or  paying  to have them  finished.  For  less than a  $400  difference, you   could pick up  the CST's in   a high gloss black finish,  that finish alone would   cost more than double the difference !
You'd also  have the  N3 kit yo u already  own  you  could then   sell..... something to think about

Regarding the CSt1's  ,   they  do need to have the drivers removed and the poly fill needs to be  placed properly as it was  installed  incorrectly at the factory. this  is not  a big deal  to do.
the CSt's do  not use  Danny's authentic M130 drivers, they  are a   knock off that  was  used to keep  costs  down  and apparently they   are very good.
Of course, the usual upgrades  of  cross over parts  tube connectors, and no rez   would  be benificial but not  required.

I  had a pair of the N3TL's  ,  fantastic  speakers and  amazing bass out of that  TL :)

jay

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2018, 06:58 pm »
the CSt's do  not use  Danny's authentic M130 drivers, they  are a   knock off that  was  used to keep  costs  down  and apparently they   are very good.

But since thye OP already has four M130 drivers, he could swap them with the Vaporcore drivers in the CST-1. Then he'd still have a back up pair of tweeters should he have an accident.