A Bryston DAC with Volume Control?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: A Bryston DAC with Volume Control?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:16 am »

Hi JT

In consideration of combining the preamp/DAC into a single unit (i love the idea) - would it be cost-additive to include the BP17-3 specs rather than the BP26?

Also, any thoughts on an active speaker system with all the electronics (amps, external crossover, preamp, DAC, streamer (player) ALL included within the speakers?

just plug the speakers into the wall (or BIT20), turn on the iPad and you're rocking and rolling!
i know this limits the flexibility of mixing and matching, and tinkering options for audiophiles - but it might appeal to the bryston community, and add some WAF to the scenario....perhaps...?

just a thought.

cheers
T

Hi TJ

Yes we may look at an all internal built in Active speaker going forward but there are compromises you have to make in order to get the weight and volume of cabinet down to a size thats reasonable. (Ex switching amps and power supplies vs discrete amp circuits amps and linear supplies)

Yes I think the BP17 circuit makes sense.

james

TJ-Sully

« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2018, 01:28 am »
Thanks James. Sounds like an interesting project!

bokko

« Reply #22 on: 28 Jul 2020, 03:57 pm »
Would definitely be interested in Analog input for a turntable especially if they were accessible via Asio Layer.
Perhaps switchable between turntable or standard analog in.
Filters would be great but using HQ player allows for this...does give some options for poor recordings.

Stay safe