Dr. Didg/Outback

Mag

Dr. Didg/Outback
« on: 28 May 2018, 08:56 pm »
Dr. Didg/Outback two bands you may not have heard of by Graham Wiggins an American musician who passed away recently.

His music featured the didgeridoo instrument, keyboards, melodica, sampler, various percussion instruments and acoustic guitar.

I would describe Outback as Folk type music. Which had a few very good songs. The album Baka I had trouble getting as it didn't arrive in the mail so I had to purchase from another vendor at higher cost.

Dr. Didg is more intense I think it's classified as Electronic. The song Serontonality is such a song that will give your system a real workout. My amp actually went into thermal-shutdown just prior to the end of the song, at above average spl. Dust Devils is another intense song with a heavy type percussion bass.

Anyway I took the best songs from Outback/Dr. Didg and made a compilation album which I think is real good music.

flavo

Re: Dr. Didg/Outback
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2018, 02:35 am »
I was quite the fan of the didgeridoo for a while. I even made one and tried to learn to play but never quite got the hang of the circular breathing.
I'd forgotten about Outback and have not heard Dr, Didg, I will have to dig this stuff up. I was just listening to Stephen Kent pretty recently. He's the only Didg player I still have in my collection.
Thank you for the information.