getting the max out of the google chromecast audio

envydd

getting the max out of the google chromecast audio
« on: 12 Aug 2018, 08:55 pm »
Curious, has anyone done any optimizations to get the best sound quality from the Google ChromeCastAudio (CCA) beyond better power. For example, has anyone tried to upsample to DSD. I have a bunch of CCAs throughout my house and its my muliroom audio solution!

Hogg

Re: getting the max out of the google chromecast audio
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2018, 01:34 am »
I tried the upgrades suggested in this article and was pleasantly surprised in the improvement in sound.  This improves the power.

Jim

https://darko.audio/2018/07/letters-to-the-editor-3-ways-to-juice-your-chromecast-audio/

envydd

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2018, 02:41 pm »
Thx. I have read that article and was planning to try. Did you try all the suggestions?

Also curious if sampling rate conversion helps. I see that for some music it helps to convert to dsd in audirvana

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2018, 07:24 pm »
I tried the upgrades suggested in this article and was pleasantly surprised in the improvement in sound.  This improves the power.

Jim

https://darko.audio/2018/07/letters-to-the-editor-3-ways-to-juice-your-chromecast-audio/

Jim Darko knows his Digital. Love his reviews and choices.

charles

Hogg

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2018, 01:44 am »
Thx. I have read that article and was planning to try. Did you try all the suggestions?

Also curious if sampling rate conversion helps. I see that for some music it helps to convert to dsd in audirvana

Yes, I did everything suggested including the optical cable connection.    I did not try any conversion to DSD or changing sampling rates.  I have tried  different DACs.

Jim