Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!
« on: 8 Apr 2019, 02:03 pm »
I put in a new pickup and took some pictures.  As I sat down to play me some vinyl it occurred to be that my table spinning a red vinyl really looked good -- to me.  Like the experience of wine that stem not only from the sense of taste but also from visual and olfactory cues,  vinyl listening experience includes, in my opinion, visual component. 

So, let's see some.

Mine from last night.

Loki57

Re: Show me your pride and joy -- your turntables!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2019, 02:52 pm »

Symphonic Line RG6
« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2019, 08:39 pm by Loki57 »

PierreB

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2019, 04:10 pm »

Rega Planar 8 with Apheta2
« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2019, 09:32 pm by PierreB »

ricmon

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2019, 05:18 pm »

VPI Prime

« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2020, 08:26 pm by ricmon »

won ton on

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2019, 07:36 pm »
Any chance of naming the brand and model of turntable, thanks

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2019, 09:22 pm »
https://i.imgur.com/ucDhFMX.jpg

Pioneer PL 15D ll running well at nearly 50 years old.

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2019, 09:38 pm »
Here's what my main system looks like these days

The table on the left is the Opera LP-5 with the Dynavector 507 MkII tonearm. This table is set up to use MC carts.

The table on the right is a Merrill modified AR-ES-1. This one has the Audioquest tonearm. This table is set up to use MM carts.

And this is the table in our exercise room. It's a vintage Micro Seiki DQX-500 with the MA-707 tonearm. I just got it going and it's a pretty decent little table. Rock solid on speed with the quartz lock. I'm running an old Denon DL-110. It's a little forward but fun to listen to, especially with my old HH Scott driving everything.

...oh, my better half does the TV thing when working out. Me...I do the vinyl thing.

toocool4

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2019, 10:04 pm »
Acoustic Solid One to One turntable, Dynavector 507MK-II arm, EMT JSD S 75 cartridge

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2019, 02:30 pm »
The VPI Classic with a Blue Quintet,,,,,,will upgrade to the Cadenza,,,not sure which one 

Mudslide

« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2019, 10:10 pm »
Here's what my main system looks like these days

The table on the left is the Opera LP-5 with the Dynavector 507 MkII tonearm. This table is set up to use MC carts.

The table on the right is a Merrill modified AR-ES-1. This one has the Audioquest tonearm. This table is set up to use MM carts.

And this is the table in our exercise room. It's a vintage Micro Seiki DQX-500 with the MA-707 tonearm. I just got it going and it's a pretty decent little table. Rock solid on speed with the quartz lock. I'm running an old Denon DL-110. It's a little forward but fun to listen to, especially with my old HH Scott driving everything.

...oh, my better half does the TV thing when working out. Me...I do the vinyl thing.

I officially hate you.  I've just ruined a shirt with ultra-drool...one in which I was going to dinner.  You....you....you....... :drool:

(Scott, your rigs are seriously beautiful.  Great work!  And I am painfully envious.)

syzygy

« Reply #10 on: 11 Apr 2019, 10:14 pm »

my living room setup.

syzygy

« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2019, 10:17 pm »

my office system

BobM

« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2019, 11:04 pm »

Custom with a 1" Corian plinth and VPI parts.  Morch DP6 tonearm with a Transfiguration temper cartridge at the time, now replaced by a Lyra Kleos.

PierreB

« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2019, 12:36 am »

Custom with a 1" Corian plinth and VPI parts.  Morch DP6 tonearm with a Transfiguration temper cartridge at the time, now replaced by a Lyra Kleos.

Very, very nice :thumb:

sunnydaze

« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2019, 04:30 am »
Main Setup:

Eurolab (Scheu) Premiere Mk2 w/ 80mm platter and P/S upgrades
Origin Live Encounter Mk3C + Shelter 501 Mk2 (Soundsmith retip)
Jelco 750E + Soundsmith Zephyr mk3 or Denon 103R (Soundsmith retip)

sunnydaze

« Reply #15 on: 12 Apr 2019, 04:34 am »
Other Setup:

Townshend Rock Mk3
Origin Live Silver Mk3a
Dynavector XX-2 mk2

Scott F.

« Reply #16 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:25 am »

my office system
I'm diggin' the old HH Scott. Is that a 222?

Scott F.

« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:29 am »

my living room setup.

That's sweet too! Bet that sings...Fisher, Thorens, Klipsch    :drool:

Scott F.

« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2019, 11:46 am »
I officially hate you.  I've just ruined a shirt with ultra-drool...one in which I was going to dinner.  You....you....you....... :drool:

(Scott, your rigs are seriously beautiful.  Great work!  And I am painfully envious.)

Thanks Mud!

It's been a lot of years in the making but I'm pretty well done. I use it for (mostly) passive listening as my music room doubles as my office for work. When I get the urge to actually listen', she delivers pretty darned well. I've had more refined systems but this one bridges the gap between detail and involvement really well. It's a pleasure to listen to.

The HH Scott and Micro Seiki is just seductive. It has this big, fat, round sound that simply sucks you in. Imaging, depth, placement and all the 'audiophile' things are just 'meh', but that system is way more fun to listen to. You know you aren't listening as an audiophile and that lets you truly enjoy the tunes. I've got a similar HH Scott system out in my garage that gets tons of play time also.

hi5harry

« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2019, 02:00 pm »

Custom built. Schroeder Artemis TL 1 -12 inch tonearm, Teres Versus idler drive system, Lyra Atlas cartridge( not in picture), carbon fiber clad electron microscope  platform as the base, Shun Mook feet.