SE-9 Schematic

bwp

SE-9 Schematic
« on: 19 Oct 2010, 03:28 pm »
Hello All, I have a SE9 amp that has constant distortion in one channel.  Does anyone have a schematic they can send me, the repair tech may need it.  Emails to Yuths and Michael have gotten no response. I may try TS audio if I can find their contact info.

petrL

Re: SE-9 Schematic
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2010, 08:32 am »
The SE-9 is very simple and classical, everything on 1 PCB. The tech should find the problem without schematics, even using the other channel as reference. I suppose Norh won't be of any help even if they had the schematics from Mr. Barnes' times.

bwp

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2010, 01:47 pm »
It was easily fixed, just a simple resistor that needed to be replaced. You were right, Norh was no help at all not even a response.  What is funny is when I inquired a while back about purchasing something from them the response was immediate.

spkrman57

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2011, 01:47 pm »
I rcvd my SE-9 amp back in 2004 as the 2nd owner. It had a few quirks that solved themselves(pc board/tube socket issues).

It played well enough for several years until tube rolling caused a problem on the pc board and it quit playing.

I had a friend of mine rebuild it to point-to-point wiring with some component upgrades(voltage ratings were too close-quality of some parts were cheap).

With the rebuild/upgrade the SE-9 is much better than the original design.

I don't recommend tube rolloing on this unit as the tube sockets are soldered directly to the pc board and can't take much physical movement.

I have to say that the output and power trany's are fairly decent!

This is also my 1st post on audiocircle. I have the same moniker on several other forums so I expect to find some familiar faces here!

Regards, Ron

spkrman57