Shouldn't we see a new speaker of the month soon???

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #20 on: 9 Nov 2005, 02:28 pm »
[I auudtioned them just briefly in Denver and was astonished by their clarity.  Question - do they ever tend toward over-brightness?]

Just out of curiosity, does Jim routinely provide the treble contour circuit, or is that a special order item?  The HT3 is voiced flat, while most commercial speakers I've heard and measured were hotter in the highs.  Still, you can never tell how a speaker will interact with the room or some program material.  If you don't have the contour circuit, the highs can be brought down easily with a single resistor, but then you would be pretty much stuck with that setting.  I like it the way it is.  In any event, I doubt that cables, wires, interconnects will affect anything.  But then I always say that.  it's all about crossovers.

Marbles

« Reply #21 on: 9 Nov 2005, 02:53 pm »
Dennis,

According to the upgrades page:

http://www.salksound.com/ht3-upgrades.html

The contour switch is a $250 upgrade.  Jim uses a switch to put the resister in (or out) of the tweeter signal path.

TomW16

Taming High Frequencies
« Reply #22 on: 9 Nov 2005, 09:28 pm »
I have found that if you hook up interconnects with enough capcitance and / or have mismatched impedences between your electronics, you can tame those high frequencies.   :lol:

Tom

Randy

« Reply #23 on: 10 Nov 2005, 04:18 am »
Guess I'll find out in a few days exactly how they sound in my room.  Hard to believe the Odyssey amps could make any speaker overly bright sounding, however, so am not worried.  Looking forward to the clean, clear sound I heard in Denver and that super midrange.