NFL 2023/24

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: NFL 2023/24
« Reply #340 on: 29 Jan 2024, 11:45 am »
That always struck me as strange, a bunch of old men going on about a pop star whose audience seems to be 20 year old girls.
Your girlfriend comes to a game?  That's nice, back to the game.

jjss49

« Reply #341 on: 29 Jan 2024, 03:49 pm »
championship pedigree on full display

knowing how to win at the highest level is evidently a learnt skill...  being there before helps, immensely, to cope with the pressure of performing when it is all on the line

lotta red and white on the field in 2 weeks time!

lamar crumbles and is denied again... ooooof  :duh:

rockadanny

« Reply #342 on: 29 Jan 2024, 05:16 pm »
I've watched the Lions since the 1950s. So, I learned early on to never bet for or against them as they will break your heart and wallet. I continued to watch but stopped hoping for them, for good I thought, after Barry Sanders exited. However, after beating the Packers last year in the final game to spoil their season, and wipe the smugness off of Rogers' face, I got hooked on the Lions once again. But after yesterday, it is clear they will not make it all the way to the Superbowl any time soon. As ULTRA AMAZINGLY UNBELIEVABLY TERRIFIC as DC has been for this VERY talented and gritty team, his limitations at understanding situational football (scoring, not just the number of points but the number of scores + field position + momentum + overall perspective of the situation in two critical periods of the game) is glaringly obvious. That was the last Lions game I'll ever watch. Ever ... GO WINGS!  :roll:

gene9p

« Reply #343 on: 29 Jan 2024, 05:43 pm »
Red Wings..original six..I saw Gordie Howe playing for them..yup..I am that old..lol..Howe and Delvechio each scored in a 3-3 tie with the Rangers at MSG...the very old MSG...

Surprised but excited that the Chiefs are going to the bowl again....Niners were explosive in the 2nd half...too bad we have to wait two weeks to play...Go Chiefs!!!

stlrman

« Reply #344 on: 29 Jan 2024, 06:41 pm »
How is that I , a football moron , absolutely knew to kick both field goals , instead of going for it on 4th down ?
And the coach who is making ten million a year , had no clue .
Atrocious coaching !!!

AllanS

« Reply #345 on: 29 Jan 2024, 06:59 pm »
How is that I , a football moron , absolutely knew to kick both field goals , instead of going for it on 4th down ?
And the coach who is making ten million a year , had no clue .
Atrocious coaching !!!
To be fair one of those was a dropped pass.  I think the difference was first half momentum wasn’t there for the second half attempts.
I’m a fair weather Ninerz fan and believe they benefited from a lot of luck the past couple of games the Chiefs won’t let them get away with.

jjss49

« Reply #346 on: 30 Jan 2024, 04:33 am »
To be fair one of those was a dropped pass.  I think the difference was first half momentum wasn’t there for the second half attempts.
I’m a fair weather Ninerz fan and believe they benefited from a lot of luck the past couple of games the Chiefs won’t let them get away with.

i agree very much with this

for the two past playoff games the niners were NOT ready at the snap... it took them till mid 4th quarter against the pack and till the second half against the lions to get it in gear

this will NOT work against the chiefs, who will be ready to rumble from kick off and who KNOW HOW TO WIN ONCE THEY HAVE A LEAD ... they are and have been the best coached team in playoffs and the gap above second best in this regard is humongous!!!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #347 on: 9 Feb 2024, 10:08 am »
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/sport/lamar-jackson-nfl-mvp-spt/index.html

It was nice to see Flacco get the recognition as well.

vrao81

« Reply #348 on: 11 Feb 2024, 11:40 pm »
Here we goooooo....

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #349 on: 12 Feb 2024, 01:19 am »
The Chiefs aren't getting much going.
I think the second half will seem like a different game.

vrao81

« Reply #350 on: 12 Feb 2024, 02:16 am »
2nd half more of the same..Chiefs kicker their mvp

vrao81

« Reply #351 on: 12 Feb 2024, 02:43 am »
Now each team exchanges TDs. Now it's getting interesting.

vrao81

« Reply #352 on: 12 Feb 2024, 02:56 am »
Game tied..6 min left!

vrao81

« Reply #353 on: 12 Feb 2024, 03:08 am »
3 pt 49ers lead. Game in Mahomes hands!

vrao81

« Reply #354 on: 12 Feb 2024, 03:18 am »
Heading to OT. Whew!

vrao81

« Reply #355 on: 12 Feb 2024, 03:51 am »
CHIEFS! What a game

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #356 on: 12 Feb 2024, 10:27 am »
The Chiefs woke up.
That wound up being a really good game.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #357 on: 12 Feb 2024, 12:21 pm »
A Superbowl overtime, hard to get any better than that.  A defensive struggle throughout the game that had SF dominating the first half with the Chief's catching up for the tie.  What I didn't know was that the overtime is two periods long and KC wasn't running out of time at the end what I thought was one period of overtime.  The rules in the season say during overtime you have an opportunity to possess the ball if a touchdown isn't scored, but doesn't mean you get a right to score if time runs out.  So if I understand this correctly if the overtime period ends with San Francisco ahead by three points it's not over, the Chiefs still get a guaranteed chance to score.  That doesn't seem fair, overtime is over, you're ahead, but you don't win.  I understand if it's a tie there's another OT period, but if OT is over and you're ahead you win, apparently not in the new NFL.  Now it didn't happen that way as KC scored in the last seconds of the first OT period, which ended the OT period.  Knowing these rules SF should have absolutely gone for it on fourth down instead of kicking the field goal.

And Usher was horrible, terrible, awful, embarrassingly so.  It looked like something from a middle school parents night performance.  I tried to watch it and just had to go do something else.

JakeJ

« Reply #358 on: 12 Feb 2024, 03:33 pm »
Agree with Letiitroll98's assessment including the OT rules.  Great game but the first half was certainly a mess.  Happy KC won but I wasn't against the 49ers just wanted KC to get back-to-back wins.  Will they do it again next year? :dunno:

As to the halftime shows, I get why they have them, so the teams can get a longer rest than the regular season halftime.  Bwa Ha Ha Ha...no it isn't, it's about money.  I just hit the mute button and fix a snack.  Luckily the weather died out so I could BBQ some Kalbi ribs'

gene9p

« Reply #359 on: 12 Feb 2024, 04:00 pm »
way too many commercials disrupted the flow of the game in the first half. It seemed to affect the Chiefs more than the 9ers but it was hard to keep watching . I avoided Usher and watched a re-run family feud..lol. The 2nd half had less commercials but most importantly they allowed the game to be played with very few interruptions. Finally I felt like I was watching a football game and not some advertising spectacle. The blocked PAT came back to haunt the 9ers as the Chiefs kicked a FG to force OT. Under pressure ,Mahomes was at his best. The drive to tie and then the TD as the first OT was closing out was as great as any past QB has ever done. Tom Brady included. I've been a Chiefs fan since my boyhood days going back to the 60's when there was two leagues.I suffered the first ever SB defeat and then went on to celebrate their win in 1970. It was 50 long years b4 they won again..and now..wow..and that ot win yesterday..WOW. I don't know how long this will last but you know I am enjoying the moment.