Circle Guidelines- Please Read

Rob Babcock

• Facilitator
« on: 2 Apr 2004, 04:25 am »
Welcome to the Acoustics Circle.  This Circle is meant to be a place where we can pool our collective knowledge and experience with room treatments and acoustic theories in an effort to demystify how room interaction affects our sound.

The room itself is widely acknowledged my most to be one of the most important components of an audio or AV system, yet is it usually the most overlooked.  Here you can ask questions about room treatments or room problems you're having as well as post solutions you've found.  You're also welcome to post links pertinent to acoustics and room treatment and discuss any experiences you've had with individual products.

The focus of the Acoustics Circle is on the DIY aspect of room treatment:  although the discussion of commercial solutions is certainly welcome here, particularly with regards to proper placement, this is not a commercial forum.  Please, Vendors, I ask that this Circle not be used as a market to push your products.  The intent is to create a repository of knowledge and facilitate the exchange of ideas- this is compromised when the poster has to fend off sales pitches.  Any blatently commercial posts may be moved or deleted at the Facilitators option.  This is pretty consistent with general site rules.

If you have any questions about the this policy please don't hesitate to contact Carlman or me.

Let's get started!

Rob Babcock

brucegel

« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2004, 06:09 pm »
Great idea for a site.As a musician and audio engineer I am keen on learning and helping anyone out there with issues.You are absolutely correct in saying that most audiophiles ignore there rooms as a necessary component in the overall system sound leaving to chance what is easily and inexpensively corrected.Good luck with the site.