60 minutes with a guru

gooberdude

60 minutes with a guru
« on: 12 Jul 2011, 09:46 pm »
I have to give a huge THANK YOU to Bryan Pape.    :thumb: 

Last night he stopped by my new loft, and within 60 minutes had the concrete prison sounding like a music hall - without using any addtl panels than what i had on hand.  I have concrete floors, fully exposed masonry walls and 15' ceilings...not an easy space to control.

Its great customer service like that, and of what i've received when ordering from GIK, that keeps me coming back.

Bryan is like a pied piper, able to rid your home of bad sounds!

matt

Big Red Machine

Re: 60 minutes with a guru
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm »
Yes, we are luck to have good guys like GIK.  I wonder if they follow him home? :icon_arrow:

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2011, 10:31 pm »
Happy to help.  The room is certainly a challenge with high ceilings, a solid wall of glass, all brick walls, and a concrete floor.  Couple that with open baffle speakers and things get really interesting...  We tried a few different things to get a feel for what each would do and to formulate a plan for the long run.

Bryan

gooberdude

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2011, 12:22 am »
But I thought OB eliminated room issues & made room treatments obsolete??!!   :lol:    Bryan placed a gik 242 panel beside my ob baffles, to the outside of each, and the change was drastic. So much so that i'm designing new baffles that will have a diy panel built into them. 

St Louis is lucky to have Bryan as a local.

Funny thing is that within a short amount of time he both saved me tons of $ & cost me tons of $.   :duh:    Discussing priorities & options was immensely helpful. 

I have a plan of attack & know that my room will sound good. 
confidence is priceless!