RAMF Picture from the ModWright room & Feedback.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
RAMF Picture from the ModWright room & Feedback.
« on: 22 Oct 2006, 12:34 pm »

« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2006, 11:03 pm by Response Audio »

NealH

Re: RAMF Picture from the ModWright room.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2006, 03:03 pm »
What equipment rack is that?  It's nice looking. 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2006, 05:46 pm »
I will have to let Dan chime in on this one. I'm not really sure which rack that is.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2006, 06:07 pm »
Here is some feedback that came in an email. It is from a customer of mine that lives in CO.

But the Modright room!!!! DAMNNNN!!!! I heard low level detail out of one of my favorite Morphine CD's that no other system has been able to reproduce....The sound expanded miles beyond the confines of the walls both in width and depth....For most systems, you accounted for the rooms not being a good environment...In that room, well, there was no room...It was a big open space...And I'm not saying this to make you feel good man...It had all the positive audio adjectives you can think of...I found it to be lacking nothing, and it was a system I could listen to for hours and hours...I really hope that you get some good press on this room, because it is well deserved....For overall sound presentation I think it was the best I had heard, regardless of price...No kiddin'...

bluewax

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2006, 07:35 pm »

Hi Bill,

I'm assuming those are the Adagio Jr's... What are the details on the new offering?

And, yes, still owe you some feedback on their big brothers... still tweaking, and desperately need to do something about this untreated listening room!

Cheers, bw

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2006, 10:51 pm »
Here are some deatial on the Adagio Juniors. We have had great results matching the Bella EXtremes being fed by the ModWright to drive the Adagio speakers. The ModWright has the best synergy so far with the Bellas. This has the makinsg for an excellent system package.

Yes, do keep us posted with the big brother findings.

Robert Lee introduces his second speaker model that doesn't exist - on his website. Which hasn't prevented him from selling more than 400 pairs of the Adagio to date. The $3,500/pr Adagio Junior duplicates the driver array and loading technology of the larger floorstander.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: RAMF Picture from the ModWright room & Feedback.
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2006, 01:38 am »
Can anyone comment on the tube rectified PS on the SWL and the phono section?

Bill, which caps --V caps or Sonicap pts-- did you use for these amps?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2006, 03:21 am »
Can anyone comment on the tube rectified PS on the SWL and the phono section?

I cannot personally comment on the setup but the feedback I have been receiving over the weekend from attendees is that this particular system was very seductive with no signs of fatigue. I had one person call me and mentioned he truly enjoyed the sound from the tube rectified ModWright in conjunction with Dan's CD player and the amps.
 This was an all tube arrangement and I think it was the tube rectified preamp that topped it off. All the feedback I have received mentioned it was a system you could listen to all day long.

Bill, which caps --V caps or Sonicap pts-- did you use for these amps?

Hi woodsyi,
 These particular amps used the V-Caps. They actually belong to the Bella EXtreme East Coast dealer as he purchased the show pair. Other features include a host of Bybees, Furutech Balanced input connectors and WBT Next-Gen binding post. Internal wiring was our exclusive silver plated copper. Tubes were Valave Art KT88s.

modwright

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:14 am »
Hi guys, on my way home from a great show and just wanted to chime in about what we had going on.

1) The rack was courtesy of Stillpoints - thanks to them, great looking rack and worked extremely well.

2) Thanks to Bill for the use of the great amps...all tubes was new for us and the sound was great.

3) Both preamp in picture - SWLP 9.0SE 'Signature' and Sony 9100ES with Signature Truth mods had tube rectified supplies.

4) We used both the smaller Adagio monitors and the floor standing Adagios and they both sounded great.

This was the debut of our finished product phono stage - SWLP 9.0SE 'Signature' and we also had a SWP 9.0SE 'Signature' on static display in blue.  We played a lot of vinyl over the weekend and I was very pleased with the sound.  I hope that others who heard vinyl in our room will comment also.

Thanks,

Dan

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2006, 02:13 pm »
 Hella all,

Dan - Thanks for filling in the details on the rack and more importantly, thanks for allowing the Bellas to debut with your products.

I have started posting feedback comments on my own "Show Report" page on my site. The comments so far are from consumers that attended the show and took the time to contact me with their comments. I will continue to post comments as they come in. If anybody reading this thread has any feedback they would like to share, feel free to post here and I can copy it to our site.

Here is a link to the page on our site:
http://www.responseaudio.com/rmaf2006.htm

I wish I could have been there as I am one that truly enjoys the "all tube" sound and from what I am hearing, this system would make you melt in your listening chair.

mtodde

« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2006, 09:24 pm »
That looks like an awesome set up.  I've been very curious about the Acoustic Zen speakers and am happy to hear they like tubes.  I just took delivery of an Audio Research VT-100 Mk. II yesterday. 

Have a safe trip back Dan.  I itching to hear the SWLP 9.0 in my system!   :green:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2006, 01:45 am »
Positive Feedback Report on the ModWright / Acoustic Zen / Response Audio room :thumb:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue27/rmafrg.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #12 on: 25 Oct 2006, 01:54 am »
I've been very curious about the Acoustic Zen speakers and am happy to hear they like tubes.

Hello Mtodde,
 The Adagio speakers LOVE tubes, I have hit them with everything from our 8 watt 300B mono bloc prototypes, 17 watt Manley MAHI's to the 100 watt Bella EXtremes and everything inbetween. I no longer have a solid state amplifier in sight so no more direct comparisons are possible.

mtodde

« Reply #13 on: 25 Oct 2006, 02:01 am »
I've been very curious about the Acoustic Zen speakers and am happy to hear they like tubes.

Hello Mtodde,
 The Adagio speakers LOVE tubes, I have hit them with everything from our 8 watt 300B mono bloc prototypes, 17 watt Manley MAHI's to the 100 watt Bella EXtremes and everything inbetween. I no longer have a solid state amplifier in sight so no more direct comparisons are possible.

Thanks Bill.  Since I've made my amp upgrade this year I can decide whether to upgrade the Scout or my Paradigm Signature 4s next year!  Do you prefer the Adagios or the Jrs?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #14 on: 25 Oct 2006, 02:29 am »
 Hello mtodde,
 As you know, I did not attend the show personally. The Adagio Jr's are pretty new and I have not yet ordered my pair in. I may be wrong but the RMAF may have been the JR's debut? Without sounding like a biased 'dealer', if they sound anywhere near as good as everyone from the show has stated, it may be a hard decission. The comments I have been receiving seem to state the Jr's are everything that their floorstanding brothers are with the exception of the lower end. If you don't want to have to run a sub, I think the floorstanders would be a no-brainer. You really don't need a sub with them.

I just might have to order my pair of JRs soon. I need a pair in that deep Red :drool:
 I can only imagine they would make on hell of a full range multi channel speaker as well!