Now this is a good deal!

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Now this is a good deal!
« on: 8 Sep 2008, 05:43 pm »
Now this is a good deal if you have ever considered an XBox

XBox 360 Elite at the new reduced price PLUS $60 gift card from Amazon

http://gizmodo.com/5046712/dealzmodo-free-60-gift-card-with-xbox-360-elite-at-amazon

That is unles you have a $10 Million Blu-Ray collection and need need a Blu-Ray player - then get the PS3

pbrstreetgang

Re: Now this is a good deal!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Sep 2008, 10:23 pm »
Hi, I was thinking about the PS3 because of the BR alone. I dont own any but can rent at Blockbuster. Only prob with PS3 is no GoW which I really like though Im not to familiar with either platform and not that versed at gameing

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2008, 10:55 pm »
On the renting of blueray, check out hollywood video -they have "free rentals" and there really isn't  a catch! Just that its only 1 at a time...
I am loving call of duty 4 on the PS3. I was worried because of my halo addiction, but this hits the spot for me.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2008, 02:09 am »
I guess if you don't have an XBox by now, why would you get one? You most likely are not a console/HT gamer, probably not a hard-core gamer. If you (or your kids) have been hanging on to a PS2 waiting for the right time, this may be it!

I know I don't play much these days, maybe a few days every couple of months...but I don't have a TV that can do more than 720p/1080i (my Sony 40" CRT) so I am in no rush to spend a relative fortune on all the trappings needed to go Blu-Ray.

mcullinan

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2008, 02:58 am »
If you are a gamer/adult the XBOX 360 is the way to go . A huge library and growing, with older games going cheap. If you have kids Id suggest a Nintendo DS, its a kids haven. I havent played the WII but Im sure their demographics are similiar. At the rate I play games their is an advantage to the large library. PS3 is still in infant stage, though it does have Bluray.
Mike