Doom 3 for the 'box?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Doom 3 for the 'box?
« on: 31 Aug 2004, 03:21 am »
Any eta?  I've kept hearing it's on the way, but never any specific date.  I hate to buy it for the PC if it'll be on the box before long.

Lost81

Doom 3 for the 'box?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2004, 03:27 am »
<`Jamesy> i saw this old guy buy doom3 today
<`Jamesy> as he's buying it the shop assistant asks him what kinda pc/video card he has
<`Jamesy> and he mutters something about 32mb
<`Jamesy> and the assistant says it wont run and that he needs a new card with at least 128mb
<`Jamesy> and then the twit says
<`Jamesy> but it runs doom 2 ok!!!!!!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Doom 3 for the 'box?
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2004, 03:37 am »
I'm not that dense, luckily! :lol:   But my PC probably isn't up to the task of Doom 3.  My "big rig" is a 2.8 P4 (Northwood) with an Intel mobo (865 chipset), 512 MB decent low latency memory- but no graphics card beyond the integrated one in the card.  I never game on the PC, although one day I would like to outfit one of my machines for gaming (the internet PC is a weenie Celeron 2.7 Gig, 768 MG Ram, no graphics card :oops: ).

At any rate, I'm sure Doom will be much better on the 100" Da-lite screen or my B-room 32" Tosh. :P

Woodsea

Doom 3 for the 'box?
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2004, 01:33 pm »
I have read that Doom3 will be coming out around the same time as Halo2.  They are going to lose out on a lot of sales because they are both shooters.  I was bummed about the time delay.  Just was not a priority, and I believe it was farmed out, so it will not be by Id themselves.  I am at work now, but that is recollection.  I can check later.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Doom 3 for the 'box?
« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2004, 01:39 pm »
Hmmm...HALO2 is out, but where is the 'box version of Doom3? :scratch:   You'd think they'd try to have it out for the big X-mas holiday rush.

nathanm

Doom 3 for the 'box?
« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec 2004, 06:14 pm »
I was thinking of the canyon-like gap between platforms upon which this game will play.  On one hand a person might need to buy a $4000 new computer just to run it, or theycould wait for the dumbed-down (?) Xbox version which runs on $200 of hardware.  :o  How "bad" could the Xbox version be I wonder? Hmmmm...