New BDP-3 Initializing

Johnney

New BDP-3 Initializing
« on: 12 Jan 2021, 07:10 am »
Today I plug in power into a brand new BDP-3. The screen shows Bryston and firmware version very quick, then jump to "BDP-3 200402 Initializing ......" for over an hour without stop. Same screen appeared again when I shut it down and power on. Is that a normal process?

Johnney

Re: New BDP-3 Initializing
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2021, 08:20 am »
Local agent said the internal SD card connection might be loose during transport period. They ask me to pack and send it back for checking and repair. Speechless

Francois_Tardif

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2021, 02:29 pm »
Hi,

Bryston has a very good Customer service reputation. Everything should be fine. I have had problems with my BDP-3 (some of them have been resolved). Just be patient… Sound quality is incredible.

François

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2021, 02:01 am »
Local agent said the internal SD card connection might be loose during transport period. They ask me to pack and send it back for checking and repair. Speechless

its likely a loose connection inside the unit, a grey ribbon cable.  If you feel comfortable and have a torx 10 screw driver your welcome to check it, see the document linked below.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/BDP3/Serial%20Cable%20Location.pdf

Chris

Johnney

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2021, 01:40 pm »
Local agent said they adjusted the BDP-3 and now it is functioning. Anyone know the reason to cause BDP-3 in Initializing mood?