Which Audio Concepts (ACI) Jaguar speakers were the best?

Jayman

I am on the hunt for the Jaguars, just don't know which version I should be hunting for.

I have owned Sapphire IIIs and currently have the Sapphire XLs. After 30 years with the Sapphires it's time for an upgrade to the Jaguars. Can Mike or someone else offer a general idea of what versions were made and what would be the best version to shoot for?

I know there were the original Jaguars, then the Jaguar 2000, and there is also a Jaguar with LFM? Which of these is best or are there other versions out there I should be considering? What are the notable differences between the various iterations?

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2024, 05:43 pm by Jayman »

Yatsushiro

Re: Which Jaguar was the best?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2024, 08:06 am »
This was always my favourite:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2024, 03:16 pm »
   1966 XKE

charles

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.

Virgil

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2024, 12:58 am »
I have the Jaguar 2000 so...the Jaguar 2000. It runs rings around the 25th anniversary Sapphires I own tbh. I own the Polk Legend L200 & it beats them easy without a sub, closer with a sub but the Jaguars are just fuller sounding.

Jayman

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2024, 02:58 am »
"It runs rings around the 25th anniversary Sapphires I own tbh.

Nice. In what ways would you say they are better than the Sapphires you have?

qdrone

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2024, 04:43 pm »
I had a 1965  3.8s with the cat eyes and chrome grill front. I remember me and some freinds drove to The Pink Floyd Animals tour concert in it. I honestly believe Satan  was in charge of Lucas who did the wiring for Jaguar.
The movie Cannonball Run hit the nail on the head with Jaguar. :popcorn:

Capt. Z

Re: Which Audio Concepts (ACI) Jaguar speakers were the best?
« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2024, 02:18 pm »
In the early 90's I got the Sapphire with the Kevlar tweeter. Then I upgraded it to the Titanium, which made the highs less fatiguing. However, changing the tweeter to the Scan Speak tweeter brought a huge improvement. 30 Plus years later I still have and enjoy my Sapphire IIIs. Would love to hear the Jags some day.