FS: Original Gallo Reference Speakers and a lot more!!

10mobr

Unfortunately due to my small living space I must sell this amazing pair of speakers. I bought these directly from Gallo aprox. 1998. They have seen very light use since I work so much I was lucky to play them for an hour once a week. Everything you have ever read about these speakers are true, and then some. They are without a doubt the finest speakers I have ever owned. I am also including a Nucleus Solo, which I used as a center channel speaker, making this the best front end I have ever heard. I am also including solid core speaker wire with hand soldered brass spades. I believe they were made by Aperture. They sound amazing and are thick as a garden hose and cost about $1500. The speakers do have a light scratch here and there, but nothing terrible. Here is link to some fantastic comments about these speakers:
http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/gallo-acoustics/nucleus-reference/prd_120941_1594crx.aspx

From what I have seen, these speakers are very hard to find, and as you know, have not been made for many years. If you have been looking for these speakers this is a terrific opportunity to get not only the pair of Reference's, but a Solo for the center channel. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Unfortunately, I will not be able to ship these so they are only available for pickup in Astoria New York, 5 minutes outside of Manhattan. The asking price is $2850, which I think is a very fair deal. I have pictures I can send so feel free to ask, or if you have any questions. Thank you. 10mobr@gmail.com

JP78

Re: FS: Original Gallo Reference Speakers and a lot more!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2011, 03:50 am »
Pictures? Also, are the bass balls made out of nylon or aluminum? What color?

10mobr

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2011, 06:08 am »
Hi there,

they are aluminum. Black in color. I'm new here, how do I post pictures  :) ?

10mobr

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2011, 06:17 am »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15351610@N03/6387568401/

Here's a flickr link until I figure out how to post the pix here