PNW Area May 12th Bottlehead Demo

TerryO

PNW Area May 12th Bottlehead Demo
« on: 5 May 2011, 05:30 pm »

Hi All,

Next Thursday evening (May 12th) the Pacific Northwest Audio Society will be hosting Doc Bottlehead, who will be demonstrating some of his tube gear, using his R2R tape deck and master tapes from The Tape Project! He has indicated to me that he "may" be bringing his 300B amps and perhaps his latest headphone amplifier as well.

The meeting will be in the basement of the Church and is accessed from the lower parking lot. It's not too hard to find it. The meeting will officially start at 7:30 pm (the usual time). BTW: It's free to the public.

Here's the address:

Mercer Island Congregational Church (in the basement)
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

So, if you've always wondered who in the world is this guy, or how good his various products are, here's your chance. I've known the Doc for many years and he's a great guy, as well as being very informative.

Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
TerryO

TerryO

Re: PNW Area May 12th Bottlehead Demo
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2011, 03:46 am »
Just a quick reminder that it's tomorrow evening! :green:

Best Regards,
TerryO

ebag4

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2011, 12:38 pm »
Just a quick reminder that it's tomorrow evening! :green:

Best Regards,
TerryO
TerryO,
I would like to get your feedback on the Stereomour if Doc brings it.  Any info on mods he may have done beyond the basic kit as well .  My kit is in transit.

Thanks,
Ed

TerryO

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2011, 06:09 pm »
TerryO,
I would like to get your feedback on the Stereomour if Doc brings it.  Any info on mods he may have done beyond the basic kit as well .  My kit is in transit.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed,
I'll copy your question and and ask Dan. I'll be helping him set up this afternoon before the meeting.

Best Regards,
TerryO
« Last Edit: 12 May 2011, 08:38 pm by TerryO »

TerryO

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2011, 09:35 pm »
TerryO,

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed,

I just got off the phone with the good Doctor and I remembered to ask him about mods for the Stereomours. He said that they don't have any  at this time. It's a pretty new product, so I'm not actually surprised. I'm sure in the months to come, there will be talk about them and perhaps suggested modifications on the Bottlehead Forum.

Personally, I would just build them first and listen to them on some high efficiency speakers. Then, if you find something that you would like to be different, start investigating any modifications that may have become available.

Best Regards,
TerryO

ebag4

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2011, 01:50 am »
Hey TerryO, thanks for checking into that for me, much appreciated.  If by chance you get to hear the Stereomour tonight I would appreciate any feedback you care to note.

Best,
Ed

TerryO

« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2011, 06:55 am »
Hey TerryO, thanks for checking into that for me, much appreciated.  If by chance you get to hear the Stereomour tonight I would appreciate any feedback you care to note.

Best,
Ed

Hi Ed,

I just got back after not only unloading the gear, but afterwards reloading everything. Dan brought his 300B amps and a his line-up of headphone gear. Unfortunately, he didn't bring the Stereomour amp. His stationwagon was absolutely crammed with gear, it was tough getting it all back in!

It was great meeting and I certainly enjoyed it. Just about everyone there complained that the time went way too quickly.

Best Regards,
TerryO

ebag4

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2011, 01:24 pm »
Hi TerryO, thanks for the update.  Too bad about the Stereomur not making it, since it is new there is not much on the web about it yet.  No matter, I'll have one up and running here in a few weeks.

Thanks again,
Ed

TerryO

« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2011, 05:39 pm »
Hi TerryO, thanks for the update.  Too bad about the Stereomur not making it, since it is new there is not much on the web about it yet.  No matter, I'll have one up and running here in a few weeks.

Thanks again,
Ed

Ed,

When you get the Stereomour built and run in, how about posting something about the experience, your impressions and what gear you're using with it. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd sure as heck be interested to hear about it!
 :thumb:

Best Regards,
TerryO