Come Join The Zu Audio House Party in Atlanta November 14th!www.zuaudio.com/tour

schw06

For all those music lovers and audiophiles that have read all the glowing reviews of Zu Loudspeakers but have never had the chance to hear them...Here is your chance. Sean Casey and Ron Williams from Zu Audio will be hosting a weekend music event in my Atlanta home and will be demonstrating their new Essence speakers featured on the cover of October's Stereophile magazine as well as their flagship speakers (Definition II?s). There will be catered barbecue, lots of "refreshing beverages" and, most importantly, a relaxed day of enjoying music.   
   The Zu's will be played with various gear including the Peachtree Audio Nova, Pass Labs Xa30.5, Melody I2A3 and other amps to be determined. You will also get the opportunity to hear the Modwright Transporter and an Esoteric CD player as sources.
   Space is limited and I am happy to provide local hotel information for anyone wanting to make the event that doesn't live locally. The event will only be offered to 55 guests so please contact me early, pick out your best recording and head on over! Once I have definitive word you would like to attend, I will send an official e-vite with my address and other pertinent information. Let me know if you would like to join in the fun.

What's a ZU party all about? Go to www.zuaudio.com/tour to find out more!

David Schwegman

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no financial interest in Zu audio. I am, however, an extremely happy customer and Zu fan!

rockadanny

Zu Down
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2009, 03:26 am »
Fer sure man. Count me in!  :thumb:

schw06

I have had questions regarding the ability to bring your amp for demo purposes and we are going to set aside time outside the party hours for personal demos with your amps if you would like to bring them over. The time slots are relatively few so claim them while they are available!
David

dangerbird

I would be very interested in attending

schw06

Now that RMAF has ended, I wanted to remind all those folks that couldn't make it out that we have a very fun event in Atlanta on the 14th of November!!
Feel free to contact me or post on this circle if you would like an e-vite.

zuguy

It just keeps getting better!  What could be more fun than listening to great audio gear all day and finishing up with "live" tunes (the real reference system) This is going to be really cool.  We have just booked Mark Selby and Tia Sillers to finish off our day with an incredible acoustic set.  We were concerned that Mark wouldn't get back from his European tour in time.  If you haven't heard of Mark and Tia, you don't want to miss this. I was in Knoxville, TN this weekend at the Smoky Mountain Audio Fest and Mark's tunes were a big hit for dynamic acoustic and electric blues/rock  material!  Check out their website at http://www.markselby.com/home.html

Selby has written more than 10 top-40 singles and 4 #1 hits, including the Dixie Chicks' Grammy-winning There's Your Trouble and Kenny Wayne Shepherd's Blue On Black -- Billboard magazine's1998 Rock Track of the Year. Wynona, Trisha Yearwood, Lee Roy Parnell & Keb Mo, JoDee Messina and many others have recorded Selby's songs.

A virtuoso guitarist and dynamic live artist, Mark Selby has shared the stage with B.B. King, Jeff Beck, John Mayer, Robert Cray, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Delbert McLinton, John Hiatt, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Collective Soul, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Levon Helm, Junior Brown, and many more. Selby has appeared on notable radio and television music programming including World Cafe, Mountain Stage, and Woodsongs, and continues to perform with his stellar backup band, as an acoustic solo artist, and in a duo with his wife and frequent collaborator, Tia Sillers.

What the critics are saying:

?As a singer/songwriter, Mark Selby?s in the same league as Bruce Springsteen, with meaty words, a compelling voice, and tracks that have more groove than a vintage vinyl record."
                ---AMERICAN SONGWRITER

"An electrifying performer."
              ----BLUES REVUE

"Selby earned his moment in the spotlight with his excellent debut, More Storms Comin'...his exceptional sophomore CD, Dirt, indicates that album was no fluke. No need for bells and whistles here -- the music does the talking."
             ----ROLLING STONE

"Mark Selby makes some of the most soulful noise coming out of Nashville."
            ----THE TENNESSEAN

"Simply put, 11 tracks of the best rock and roll we'll hear this year..."
            ----VINTAGE GUITAR

rockadanny

Mark Selby will be playing at David's place?

zuguy

Yes, Mark and Tia will both be there for an acoustic set at the end of the day.

rockadanny

schw06

Sean and Ron from Zu would like to start sending out the official invitation tomorrow so please contact me ASAP if you would like to attend. Remember this event is in my house so space and numbers are definitely at a premium. For those excited to see Mark Selby and Tia Sillers perform live, check out their website at www.markselby.com. I don't want to turn down people that would like to attend so please let me know!!!

zuguy

We have just confirmed that Dave Solomon of Peachtree Audio will be attending the ZU Audio House Party in Atlanta.  Yes, we will have a Essence/Nova system set up for auditioning and will be offering several special promotions during the event that will include a Nova.  I will keep you posted as we have others join in!

We already have 30 folks confirmed and only 25 openings left.  if you want to pre-book your spot, let us know before the official invite goes out!

Ron ron@zuaudio.com
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2009, 09:43 pm by zuguy »

schw06

Guys,
   One last chance for anyone in the southeast to join us on November 14th. We are rapidly running out of space for invitations so please don't delay if you want to come for a day of fun.
David

schw06

The party has officially been overbooked...sorry I can not accommodate any more rsvp's to attend. Thank you for all the positive rsvp's- we are looking forward to a blast!!!
David

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
David....

Don't forget to take some photo's.....have fun....thanks. :beer:

Chris