Bass module

McTwins

Bass module
« on: 15 Feb 2009, 09:02 am »
Hi

Does the bass module of VR4 SR have a passive crossover and if it has, what is the crossover frequency set to?

What is the lower cut off frequency of the bass?

I hope someone can clarify.

Thanks

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Bass module
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2009, 02:18 pm »
Joe or Albert should be all over this one.  aa

illenema

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2009, 06:50 pm »
I know this for fact the factory personnel have very high regards for the SR.
I also suggest When you find your magic system to purchase a set of spare drivers because these change often... :D

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2009, 10:53 pm »
I know this for fact the factory personnel have very high regards for the SR.
I also suggest When you find your magic system to purchase a set of spare drivers because these change often... :D

Illenema...Ill-enema.  I don't mean to get personal here but I'm either mistaken or that's one nasty handle you got there.

illenema

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2009, 01:50 am »
Its a name of a song  Illinois enema bandit. Its a reference tune of mine with powerful dynamics. By Frank Zappa.
Its a true story line.
Read my review of the vr-8 on audio review about replacement drivers in schweikert spealers.  :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H._Kenyon
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2009, 04:14 am by illenema »

McTwins

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2009, 12:09 pm »
FYI

I´m not gonna change anything. :nono: :nono:

Thanks

es347

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2009, 01:21 pm »
Its a name of a song  Illinois enema bandit. Its a reference tune of mine with powerful dynamics. By Frank Zappa.
Its a true story line.
Read my review of the vr-8 on audio review about replacement drivers in schweikert spealers.  :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H._Kenyon

Uh, ok. :o

McTwins

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2009, 03:16 pm »
Hi

Is there really no one who can answer the question to me.
Any answer appreciated.

Thanks

MichiganMike

« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2009, 03:34 pm »
A review of the Von Schweikert VR4 SR MKII reports the crossover is:

"Acoustic fourth order, at 190 Hz and 1.9 kHz, optimized for flat off-axis response and phase consistency over a wide Global Axis. Very high quality parts are used from France, Germany, and the U.S., including Hovland film and foil capacitors, Solen film-foil capacitors, Solen perfect lay inductors, film-foil resistors, and Analysis Plus internal wiring."

http://www.dagogo.com/VonSchweikertVR4SRMKII.html

McTwins

« Reply #9 on: 6 Mar 2009, 06:36 pm »
I have that on my manual, thanks anyway!!

If my understanding is correct the lower cut off would be 20 Hz -6 dB down at 18 Hz and the crossover is 190 Hz. (off course it has an crossover).

Thanks

MichiganMike

« Reply #10 on: 6 Mar 2009, 10:56 pm »
I may still be missing something, but it sounds like you had the answer to your original questions in the manual. 

VonSchweikert.com probably has the same information that is in your manual.  On line specifications report frequency response is  -6 dB at 18 Hz, -3 dB down at 25 Hz and the transmission line is coupled to the room at 23 Hz by a tuned vent.  Of course, room effects and modes may cause the measured response to vary in your listening environment.