Well Tempered Amadeus mki motor noise/sound

blackholesun

Well Tempered Amadeus mki motor noise/sound
« on: 4 Aug 2020, 02:20 pm »
Hello everyone,  my name is Chris, I'm new to this forum.

I have just bought a s/h Amadeus mki. I think I read in the manual that the motor can be noisy without the belt. I placed the belt around the platter and pulley and switched on the TT. The motor seems to be a bit loud. My previous TTs were from Rega and their motors were basically inaudible. Is this normal and nothing to worry about? I can hear the motor when I'm quite close to the TT, perhaps one or two feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP1JPCLBY_M

ADiG

Re: Well Tempered Amadeus mki motor noise/sound
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2020, 04:53 pm »
Hi Chris, I think it's not normal. the engine should not be heard. you have to check if it is possible to lubricate or replace ...

mick wolfe

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2020, 07:12 pm »
Agreed. The motor is noisy without a belt, but quiet with the belt in place.  Try another ( maybe fresher/unused) belt to see if it has any impact. If not, you're back to what ADiG has already suggested.

blackholesun

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2020, 07:07 pm »
Thank you for replies. Since the deck had other issues, I agreed with the seller on returning it. Pity, as I have always wanted to try WT :(

gagamut

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2020, 02:25 am »
The motor is noisy,i have a experenice.after change a new one,problem solved

mick wolfe

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2020, 05:05 pm »
Thank you for replies. Since the deck had other issues, I agreed with the seller on returning it. Pity, as I have always wanted to try WT :(

Don't give up. Even if you have to buy a new one someday. The Amadeus is the only component I have that I don't feel the desire to upgrade.....other than a cartridge change now and then.