What are your speaker cables?

ljiminez

Re: What are your speaker cables?
« Reply #60 on: 23 Mar 2021, 03:46 am »
I recently switched from Monster M1.5 speaker cable to Anticables 3.1. The things I noticed most on my M3S were increased bass and dynamic range.

mrotino332

« Reply #61 on: 23 Mar 2021, 03:04 pm »
I just received the silversmith Fideliums.  They were a little lean the first hour or so but really opening up now.  They are a very thin wide ribbon foil and use no connector, the speaker foil itself is the connector.  We will see but so far they are very revealing and the micro details and trailing of sounds to the back of the soundstage is exceptional.

Mr. Big

« Reply #62 on: 23 Mar 2021, 05:40 pm »
I tried many speaker cables, in the end, the ones that work magic with the M3's were Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9's. Really brought balance to the sound with a terrific bottom end finally. I've kept them to date. Audio Envy is updating their speaker cables and Cap said they really sound great so much so that he did not need to use a subwoofer with one speaker he tested them with.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
« Reply #63 on: 23 Mar 2021, 08:08 pm »
I just received the silversmith Fideliums.  They were a little lean the first hour or so but really opening up now.  They are a very thin wide ribbon foil and use no connector, the speaker foil itself is the connector.  We will see but so far they are very revealing and the micro details and trailing of sounds to the back of the soundstage is exceptional.

how do you connect the wide foil to the binding post?  roll it up into a tube and stick it into the bare wire opening and then screw down on it?

TomS

« Reply #64 on: 24 Mar 2021, 01:33 am »
how do you connect the wide foil to the binding post?  roll it up into a tube and stick it into the bare wire opening and then screw down on it?
Gently fold them into a "U" shape, slide the exposed square conductive pad with "U" shaped slot onto the binding post, then tighten the post down onto the flat conductive pad. Works like a charm. If the posts are really close you end up with a side by side "UU" shape, black/red. They self insulate from each other with a film, so that's not an issue.

jjss49

« Reply #65 on: 24 Mar 2021, 02:10 am »
all copper belden 9497's made by tuneful in brooklyn... great match to the m3 sapphires

2oldcranks

« Reply #66 on: 24 Mar 2021, 06:24 am »
Kimber 12Tc to M4TM's,they sound grrrrrreat! :thumb:

morganc

« Reply #67 on: 24 Mar 2021, 07:24 am »
I just upgraded to Cerious Cables and am really enjoying the improvements in tonality over the Audio Envy’s I have been using.

ChevChelios

« Reply #68 on: 24 Mar 2021, 08:56 pm »
Hi, I have M3 Sapphires and currently use Kimber 8TCs at a three meter length. 
No one in my household noticed as I switched from Blue Jeans, Mogami, to
Kimber, but I can’t complain!

ChevChelios

« Reply #69 on: 24 Mar 2021, 09:09 pm »
I should have mentioned that my M3 sapphires are powered by a Devialet Expert 220 Pro.

James Edward

« Reply #70 on: 5 Apr 2021, 10:37 pm »
Now using Supra Classic 6.0. 9 gauge works well for my 22 and 24 ft. runs. I have some anticables 2.1 for sale if anyone interested...

sarora9

« Reply #71 on: 5 Apr 2021, 11:01 pm »
7.5ft run of Furutech Alpha 36 DIY cable (using supplies from VH Audio). Prefered them to 8TC and Wireworld mini eclipse.
This is for X3

tdangelo

« Reply #72 on: 7 Apr 2021, 09:41 pm »
With my X2 I’m using Audioquest Robin Hood Zero and Bass - 4 individual cables. Sounds better than anything else I’ve tried but as always YMMV.

Tony

chezrock5

« Reply #73 on: 10 Apr 2021, 08:38 pm »
I have been using MIT for the last 5 years, but when I switched to Spatial M3, they didn’t seem to make as much of a difference as with my previous speakers. 

tamcongdinh

« Reply #74 on: 21 Apr 2021, 04:29 am »
anyone can share idea about wireworld speaker cables. I'm considering WW silver 7 series

aniwolfe

« Reply #75 on: 22 Apr 2021, 02:05 pm »
anyone can share idea about wireworld speaker cables. I'm considering WW silver 7 series

I like the Wireworld Eclipse the best. I thought the Silver Eclipse was a bit too forward and grainy in the highs and upper mids. Something about silver copper clad that is annoying to my ears. I prefer either going all copper or all silver wire.

sarora9

« Reply #76 on: 22 Apr 2021, 02:49 pm »
I tried wireworld mini eclipse, figuring that my Spatial X3's high sensitivity doesn't require thicker cables. I thought it was inferior to Kimber 8TC in my system, which in turn was inferior to Furutech 36 Alpha (DIY).

My wife picked it out immediately as much worse sounding, like within a minute.

We did allow a few days of burn-in.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #77 on: 22 Apr 2021, 04:51 pm »

B J C ten white.  White jacket 10 AWG

morganc

« Reply #78 on: 22 Apr 2021, 06:01 pm »
I like the Wireworld Eclipse the best. I thought the Silver Eclipse was a bit too forward and grainy in the highs and upper mids. Something about silver copper clad that is annoying to my ears. I prefer either going all copper or all silver wire.

Have you tried the Cerious cables at all?  Wondering how those compare to the Wireworld and Furutech.

aniwolfe

« Reply #79 on: 22 Apr 2021, 08:54 pm »
Have you tried the Cerious cables at all?  Wondering how those compare to the Wireworld and Furutech.

Yes..the Graphene Extremes. They sounded like I put a blanket over my speakers. No thanks. The best cables I have heard is the DIY Helix.