« Reply #20 on: 2 Mar 2020, 06:02 pm »
Congrats! I know you are anxious.......

Shakey

That was 6 weeks ago...

Thanks Shakey

DarrellC

Re: X3 Owners' thread
« Reply #21 on: 4 Mar 2020, 03:16 pm »
Just got my X3's 10 days ago, got about 30 hours on them.  Still fine tuning positioning and the speakers from what I understand will sound better after a couple hundred hours on them.  pretty happy with them now tho.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #22 on: 4 Mar 2020, 06:13 pm »
Although they will sound very good after a couple hundred hours, another 100 or so before you get all they got. Hang on, you got a ways to go.

Shakey

DarrellC

« Reply #23 on: 4 Mar 2020, 09:55 pm »
Was the difference quite noticeable ?

Shakeydeal

« Reply #24 on: 4 Mar 2020, 11:07 pm »
Yes, mostly in the lower midrange to lower bass.

DarrellC

« Reply #25 on: 4 Mar 2020, 11:53 pm »
That is, no pun intended, music to my ears.  That is exactly where I am hearing a bit of deficiency.  These will be great when fully rounded out.

drhoon

« Reply #26 on: 13 Mar 2020, 12:50 pm »
thinking of next amp upgrade, thoughts on Pass xa25 vs First Watt SIT-3 who has heard both preferably?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2020, 03:28 pm »
thinking of next amp upgrade, thoughts on Pass xa25 vs First Watt SIT-3 who has heard both preferably?

SIT 3 is a better sounding amp but you must have a speaker with very high efficiency as well as very flat impedance.  The XA25 is a better match to Spatial speakers, as they benefit from the extra control and grip of the XA25 design.

drhoon

« Reply #28 on: 13 Mar 2020, 05:58 pm »
SIT 3 is a better sounding amp but you must have a speaker with very high efficiency as well as very flat impedance.  The XA25 is a better match to Spatial speakers, as they benefit from the extra control and grip of the XA25 design.

Why would it benefit from extra grip? I thought x3 were 97db efficient.

harley.guy07

« Reply #29 on: 14 Mar 2020, 02:39 am »
Yes the speakers are 97 db efficient but some efficient speakers still get a little more dynamic capability with a little more power. I would think the XA25 would have a little more ability to handle the dynamic swings of music.

aldoallen

« Reply #30 on: 14 Mar 2020, 04:53 pm »
I would think that either amplifier would be overkill as far as power goes. I am feeding my M4 Triode Masters (93 db eff.) with about 8 watts and this powers the twelve inch bass speaker as well. If I listen to rock music very loud (to my ears), I am only hitting around 90 db at 1 m in front of the speakers, which means  I am using less than 1 watt. The room is 10' by 20' by 8'. I don't sense any lack of dynamics but maybe a larger room would have an effect on dynamics. Seems to me that either amp would just be idling at a lot less than 1 watt for 97 db speakers.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #31 on: 14 Mar 2020, 05:20 pm »
As I have said before, I am running my X5s with less than 2 watts using 45 tubes and I play it LOUD sometimes.  I am much less concerned about dynamic swings than I am about hearing vocals that cause me to melt in place.  We all are looking for something different, so unfortunately the only way to know if you will like a particular amp with your speakers is to try it out.  I have gone through probably 10 amps in the last couple of years using different Spatial Audio speakers and for me, my 45s hit the sweet spot.  YMMV

deadhead

« Reply #32 on: 15 Mar 2020, 05:57 pm »
My X3's arrived on Thursday, hooray!  I had a friend help me put them in my media room and plug them in.  They are now playing disc 2 from The Wall on repeat as I took my family and left for our summer home where it's much less populated.  When I return in two weeks (guessing) they should be pretty close to broken in.  As my wife said, "You've quarantined your new speakers".

I'll post impressions once I return.  Everybody please stay safe.  Best of luck during this trying time.

Jeff

morganc

« Reply #33 on: 15 Mar 2020, 09:53 pm »
Somehow a pair of X-5's landed in my lap and I'll be hooking them up tomorrow with the following chain:
Aries Streamer-->MHDT Orchid-->LTA MZ2-->DAC King Cherry

And they are already broken in as is all the electronics so I should be getting great sound soon. 

What do the rest of your systems look like?  Have you found synergy with any particular components?

drhoon

« Reply #34 on: 16 Mar 2020, 02:03 am »
Just got the Firstwatt SIT-3 sounds pretty amazing with the x3. No problem in dynamics.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #35 on: 16 Mar 2020, 03:00 am »
Somehow a pair of X-5's landed in my lap and I'll be hooking them up tomorrow with the following chain:

And they are already broken in as is all the electronics so I should be getting great sound soon. 

What do the rest of your systems look like?  Have you found synergy with any particular components?

so you're the buyer....  :( Good for you though. Please post your impressions.

morganc

« Reply #36 on: 16 Mar 2020, 04:35 am »
Hahahaha.  Yes. Please don't sick your dog on me  :D 

Absoltely will post my impressions. 

Shakeydeal

« Reply #37 on: 16 Mar 2020, 10:58 am »

I have found the Carver Crimson 275 a great match with the X3.

Shakey

guf

« Reply #38 on: 16 Mar 2020, 02:06 pm »

did you pick up the Sonoma ones?!

Shakeydeal

« Reply #39 on: 16 Mar 2020, 02:28 pm »
Question for X3/5 owners. Are the spikes 1/4 20? That's what I think I remember, but not sure.

Also, has anyone tried the Track Audio spikes? I am considering a set of these.

Shakey