Landed A Pair Of Counterpoint Clearfield Continental speakers!

Drummerboy2

Does anyone here have any experience with these nice speakers? Looking for manual for setup for these.

I saw these for sale locally and had always heard of the Continentals and Metropolitans as very nice sounding speakers so I took the chance and went to hear them. Man, These throw a very wide soundstage that I like and don't have to sit in a certain sweet spot.

These are great shape and the drivers look like brand new along with the cab and grill. just for some slight discolor on cabs from over the years but other than that... they look new.
The upper end and mid range are awesome and realistic sound as I have ever heard next to my Carvers Amazing Silvers but wider. All instruments sound so real weather playing CD, Tuner, LP or Reel To Reel.

Now the lower mids are nice as well but this speaker doesn't give you a room shaking bass but the bass it does give is very detailed and able to hear the different notes being played wither electric bass or upright bass. Its good enough for me in my room but on bass shy tunes it can use a little help. I may just pick up a couple of SVS SB-2000 subs.

These speaker do need to be setup properly as the sound will change with position/placement. They seem to like being placed at least 8-10 feet apart with very little toe in if at all. These are 50" tall speakers so the need to be tilted down for close (6' or closer) listening. Also they seem to respond greatly to differ types of cables which I found out yesterday when I switched out my cables.

So far I really like these speakers and I think I will not be looking for another set of speakers for a long time! The Continental go very well with my Solid State gear. I do have project going with a two way horn speaker that will be for the tube gear for the second system.

One thing I almost forgot to mention is that these speakers sound nice at lower volumes but when pushed they really come alive! They also sound better as the power on the amp goes up.

Just thought I would share my experience with these really nice speakers and to think they were made back in the early 90's by Albert Von Schweikert for Counterpoint and still sound awesome to this day says a lot about the quality of these speakers.  8)