New member presentation and manual request.

erikullvin

New member presentation and manual request.
« on: 18 Mar 2015, 06:31 pm »
Hello!
 My name is Erik and I live in Sweden. I work in a record shop and live in a flat with a wife and a daughter.

My system:
Pro-Ject 6 PerspeX turntable with Ortofon 2M Black pickup. Tri (Triode Corporation) Trv-4SE pre, a DB Systems active rumble filter and a Mcintosh MC-2300 poweramp.
 Signal cables is Audioquest. Speaker cables Naim.

My speakers are VR-3 from the second year of production. I wrote to Von Schweikert asking for a manual and got a reply from Albert saying that everything like that was destroyed in a flood. He recommended me to join here and ask if anyone could help me out.

/ Erik

Delacroix

Re: New member presentation and manual request.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2015, 09:43 pm »
Erik

Welcome aboard. I certainly don't have a copy but maybe somebody here might know a source??  Coincidentally I did actually see that manual many years back when I had a brief session with the VR3s. I do not recall it having very particular information that you might not be able to gain by asking some pertinent questions here, so if we can't help with a manual, we might be able to help otherwise. My chief memory of reading the manual was the explanation of set-up that advised you to position the speakers using a pink noise track to create the  ball of noise as a center image. That made an impression on me as it was the first time I'd heard of it. But maybe I am imagining it -- memory plays tricks I find :)

Hope we can help.

Best

P.

erikullvin

Re: New member presentation and manual request.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2015, 09:55 pm »
The pink noise theory is something I have never heard of, but would like to read about.
 At the moment I have the speakers placed according to Cardas.

Thanks for your reply.