..the next 3 months are bound to be the longest 3 months of my life

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..I just ordered a pair of VR9SE MKIIs from Albert in Lexus silver.  He said it will take about 90 days to complete and trust me, I can't wait!  I'll be selling my pristine piano black VR5 Anniversary MK1.5s here locally.  Got my fingers crossed that they sell quickly and at a fair price.  I may have to hire a team of Egyptian millwrights to move those 9s down the stairs to my room  :scratch:

htradtk

Gavin, once again, HUGE congrats! At least it will be dead of Winter, you can spend lots of time gluded to you listing chair, don't forget the picks.

Henry

Ps. Love the color!

SundayNiagara

..I just ordered a pair of VR9SE MKIIs from Albert in Lexus silver.  He said it will take about 90 days to complete and trust me, I can't wait!  I'll be selling my pristine piano black VR5 Anniversary MK1.5s here locally.  Got my fingers crossed that they sell quickly and at a fair price.  I may have to hire a team of Egyptian millwrights to move those 9s down the stairs to my room  :scratch:

Please give them more room than you are giving the '5s.  Also, sell the Mac amps and put some tubes on the tweeter/midrange modules.

es347

• Facilitator
..more room?  Will do sir...I will build another house straightaway!  They'll have to live with their new home like it or not...16w X 10h X 30d...Albert seems to think my room will accommodate and JackD says it's pretty much ideal.  As far as the amps go the 501s are staying unless I find 601s at a fair price...tubes?  Not a chance.  But otherwise thanks for your feedback.  What's a parade without a little rain?

fplanner2000

Congratulations.  You could have bought mine and gotten them immediately, for less than Albert charged you.  Plus we could have taken your existing speakers in trade.  So you would be done.  Your lowball offer to me was ridiculous - I'm sure VSA charged you lots more.  Good luck.

kernelbob

Gavin, more congrats on the 9's !  With my 100's, I found that the key to a successful installation, as far as getting them into the room and uncrating, is to use pros who know what they're doing.  I hired a piano moving company used by orchestras as well as by Steinway.  Now it's my turn to ask for photos.

Hoosierdaddy

fplanner2000,

I've read many of your posts for years and wondered if you were actually as pompous and arrogant as your posts would suggest. Thank you for the confirmation.  I wish someone would buy your beige speakers so you would go away.

es347

• Facilitator
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014, 05:14 pm by es347 »

fplanner2000

2 sides to every story, is all I'm going to say.  I just pointed out the obvious - sorry if that offended you. I'm not "pissed off" at all - glad you are happy. 

es347

• Facilitator
There is no other side but thanks for the well wishes..

SundayNiagara

..more room?  Will do sir...I will build another house straightaway!  They'll have to live with their new home like it or not...16w X 10h X 30d...Albert seems to think my room will accommodate and JackD says it's pretty much ideal.  As far as the amps go the 501s are staying unless I find 601s at a fair price...tubes?  Not a chance.  But otherwise thanks for your feedback.  What's a parade without a little rain?

I was referring to the distance to the wall behind them.  Bring home a reference tube amp from Lake Wobegon and you'll be selling the Macs ASAP.

walterslw

Congratulations on the VR 9s!!!  Cant wait to see photos.

JackD201

Happy New Year!

es347

• Facilitator
Indeed Jack old buddy...indeed!

JackD201

Given the radiation pattern of the 9s, I would be very surprised if you need to move them from the front wall much more that where the front baffles of your 5s are at present. The 9s as you will soon see are very, very deep. Just remember that it is the distance from the front baffle to the rear wall that is of more consequence for VS designs. The rear firing drivers are made adjustable, along with your front tweeters,  to help us along with the very fine tuning. :)

I would experiment with seeing how far apart from each other you could get them without side wall reflections getting in the way. Congratulations on your new personal holodeck buddy.  :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
The baffles on the 5s are currently 4.5 ft from the front wall and 3.5 ft from the side walls.  I have some room to play with...we shall see!  :thumb:

JackD201

Buddy, I suggest you bring 'em in through the back and not through the stairs. They are a LOT larger and heavier than they look  :thumb:

jimdgoulding

The baffles on the 5s are currently 4.5 ft from the front wall and 3.5 ft from the side walls.  I have some room to play with...we shall see!  :thumb:
That's very close to my set up tho I have much smaller speakers.  At this position, they do image their hiney's off and with boo-coo dimensionality.

Holli82

Congrats

My 9's are close to my back wall and my soundstage is deep and wide.  If you are out this way look me up.

Rodney

es347

• Facilitator
Congrats

My 9's are close to my back wall and my soundstage is deep and wide.  If you are out this way look me up.

Rodney

Where is out this way Rodney?