Audio meet in San Antonio on January 19th.

Wardsweb

Audio meet in San Antonio on January 19th.
« on: 4 Jan 2008, 03:33 am »
I will be holding an audio meet at my house in San Antonio on January 19th. Hopefully some of you can make it. A full day of music, food and fun.

http://www.lonestarbottleheads.org/meeting.htm

jimdgoulding

Re: Audio meet in San Antonio on January 19th.
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2008, 07:28 am »
Hey Ward-  I just wanted to acknowledge your invitation and say I think this is a neat thing.  And in my favorite Texas city, no less.  Was there in November.  Stayed at The Westin (on the river).  Fantabulous!.  Had some regional Mexican cuisine at a place on Broadway going toward Alamo Heights.  This is real iffy but I intend to try and make it (from Houston).  If it looks good, I'll confirm.  Thanks for your hospitality.  Jim

Wardsweb

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2008, 03:56 am »
Glad to have you make it Jim. Don't forget some tunes. One that I can hear new stuff and two, so you can audition gear with something you're familiar with. Hope you like baby back ribs.

Wardsweb

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2008, 04:53 pm »
Looks like its going to be a good turnout. I've got confirmations from guys coming from Austin, Houston and San Antonio. So I'll crank up the grill and throw on some baby back ribs and brisket.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2008, 03:50 am »
Thanks, WW, for a fun afternoon.  The man can do ribs, yo!  I enjoyed hearing Fred's speakers (clean, easy, and dynamic),  the Lucinda Williams disc (especially) and the company!  Really nice of you to open up your house like that and I appreciate it as I'm sure everyone did.  And I haven't heard the CLS to such good effect in many moons.

Wardsweb

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2008, 03:12 pm »
The pictures from the meet are now in the Lone Star Bottleheads Gallery:
http://lonestarbottleheads.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=40

rcarlton

• Mr. Waddles listening to the K-horns.
    • Ron Carlton's webpage
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2008, 07:39 pm »
Looks like a good time was had by all. Need to get something going here in Dallas. There are now two sets of  Klipsch Jubilee's within driving distance. Sure would like to hear them working in stereo.

Wardsweb

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2008, 12:00 am »
For those of you who were at January 19th's meet in San Antonio and listen to these speakers that Fred brought. He gave them to me and I'm refinishing them. Here is a before and after shot.

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2008, 01:06 am »
For those of you who were at January 19th's meet in San Antonio and listen to these speakers that Fred brought. He gave them to me and I'm refinishing them.

I changed my mind. I want them back.  :rotflmao:

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2008, 01:13 am »
I wish I could have made it, had to work but I sure enjoyed seeing a bunch of you at Johns not too long ago. Luther the listening room looks GREAT!

Wardsweb

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2008, 01:44 am »
Sorry Fred, once I started the refinish, they became mine. By the way folks, are Dynaco A-25. The 1969 Scanspeak version.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2008, 04:16 pm »
Luther,

Sorry I missed this, looks like everyone had a ball! So Fred gave you those speakers and you did that refinishing work in one day!?!  :thumb:

Regards,
John

KBK

• Teo Audio
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jan 2008, 01:27 am »
I just picked up a decent shape pair of the scan-speak version of the A-50's. Pretty cool stuff. Paid $30 :P

In good enough shape that a decent sanding and a re-stain of something fairly dark should fix them up nicely.

Same dang basket they've been using up until about a year ago.

I also owned a set of CLS's at one time. Used a set of subs as stands. At the time, I was a bit of a fan of LOUD..so they didn't really do it for me. Still -- an awesome speaker by any standard.